Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, i have Lion and Windows 7 installed on two separate hardrives, and both are running fine. I tired overclocking my i7 2600k to 4.2, and my geekbench score went from 10000 to 13000, however, after sleep, it always returned to around 10000. I assumed it was something to do with mac, but even after overclocking on Windows, the score jumps to 13000, but after sleep it goes back to 10000. A reboot always results in the overclock working again. I assume it must be a BIOS issue as it happens in both windows and mac, but i can not figure out what it is. Any advice would be awesome, thanks

I had the same issue. There is something in the mobo overclocking section something like real time clock something....under the advanced section this should be auto or off. If you went in and changed everything form auto to enabled you might have changed this too. I had the same issue and changing that solved. If you have trouble finding it I can get the exact setting for you once I get home after this weekend.

is it real time ratio change? Because i tried enabled and disabled already :( If not, then i will have a look for another setting :)

Although I don't use the exact same Gigabyte motherboard (and Intel CPU) as you do, I imagine that the BIOS options are very similar. If you can post your BIOS settings, perhaps something can be determined from that.

ok i seemed to have solved the sleep issue by updating my bios, however, now my voltage seems to be stuck at 1.344 regardless of what i manually set it as. The overclock is fine now, its just the voltage seems to be too high, any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back