Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Z77x UD5H
Radeon 6870

If I change anything at all in the bios - Ram XMP, Ram speed, Cpu Clock, Turbo clock etc - I get a nice big freeze that lasts about 2 minutes then I need to swap usb ports for the keyboard to carry on. If I try and wake from sleep a second time it doesn't come back at all.

What am I missing?

Is there something in multibeast or the Bios that I've forgotten?

Has anyone got sleep/wake working correctly with OC'd Ivybridge cpus?

Thanks

M

The strange thing is that I HAD it working just fine and then not... I blamed an install of a printer driver.
But... once I reinstalled everything from scratch, I haven't been able to make any changes in the bios either without the wake from sleep freeze.

At least I'm not alone...

Spent all night on this... and I 'think' I've found a solution...
Disable the INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE in the bios.
Doing this, I'm able to OC and wake from sleep with everything functioning.
I have to see how stable the system will be. So far so good.

z77-up5th

sma1968, you are a savior. This has been beating at me all day and I stumbled upon this thread.

Great work. THIS IS THE SOLUTION.

However, I had one kernel panic after the first reboot but none since. My GeekBench score is still at 17488 (see http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1012909)

Been going a couple of hours. Sleep and wake no problems again.

Thank you.

Yeah, this board rocks for finding solutions! I'm trying to make a point to add anything I figure out here, rather than just searching and splitting. :)

If you only got one KP, it might be that you've gone into unstable territory with your OC. Based on your geekbench number, I'm guessing you've gone to at least 4.6. I think it gets a bit iffy past that range if you're staying with stock voltages. If you change the voltages, I'm not sure that disabling PLL will still work...

Personally, I'm sticking at 4.5 with stock voltage and calling it a day. Even so, I had to get an nh-d14 cooler to not fry my cpu. The i3770k is a hot chip.

THANK YOU Sma1968! For months this has plagued me, and the solution is one I would have never thought of. Not only is everything 100% after wake, the CPU VRM actually scales with the workload, as opposed to sitting at a constant 1.35V. Kudos to you; You rock!!

:headbang:

Update: Ran Prime95 torture test before and after sleep...rock solid! No change in temps at all with idle voltage sitting at .88V, but that's probably due to my awesome cooler! I can live with 23'C. :p

million thanks to sma1968 !!!!!!!

Spent all night on this... and I 'think' I've found a solution...
Disable the INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE in the bios.
Doing this, I'm able to OC and wake from sleep with everything functioning.
I have to see how stable the system will be. So far so good.

z77-up5th

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. :headbang:

I stopped my overclocking efforts because of wake from sleep problems mouse lag and usb unmounting issues. I am curious if someone could let me know if the following settings are a good start?
I will set the turbo multiplier to 42 for each core and turn off the CPU PLL over voltage. I have read that some people suggest switching the memory profile.

I have a 3770K
Ud5h
H100

my head is spinning but this thread gives me hope!

Hi all!

I'm currently facing a problem with the second wake from sleep with OC i7-920 on p6t board.
(first sleep/wake works great with darkwake=10)
(second wake leads to the PC behaving as working , but screen staying black:banghead:)

Of course p6t board doesn't have INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE in the bios
(but the jumper on the board is not set for overvoltage)

Did you have it ? did someone find a solution ? Any idea ?
and no, disabling the sleep is not a solution :mrgreen:

Regards,
JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back