Contribute
Register

Overclocking Kaby Lake 7700K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone running their Intel Kaby Lake Core i7 7700K 4.2Ghz overclocked? If so, to what extent? I'm using decent liquid cooling.

Cheers,
J
moved to overclocking

I need to fill out my signature but yes

asus maximus iv hero i have had the mac side running 5Ghz pushing 80C under load which i feel is too high..... gamning shouldnt be super cpu intensive though i have a H115 Corsair AIO water loop..... And in a week will be adding the new new new GTX 1080 SC2 Hybrid with the new 9 sensor PCB

I had the damndest time getting my ram to run at its advertised speed, and its on the QVA list.... G.Skill PC3600 - https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c17q-64gtz

I know its alot of ram but being able to run virtual machines without any impact on my sierra is a blessing....

What questions did you have? I settled on a mild 10ish percent 4.6GHz any higher and i couldnt get my ram to stick

Last edited:
Never overclocked before but looking to push my 7700k also and have been browsing the above guide - how are people checking their adjustments / stress checking? Ran the Terminal 'yes' command technique and watched my CPU load in Activity Monitor but how can I check the temp and how do I know if its stable?

Mine is running 5.0GHz 24/7 stable since the 7700K came out.
I delidded, liquid metal'd and am on a EKWB cooling setup with a motherboard monoblock and an nVidia brand GTX1080Ti FE flashed to MSI GamingX bios which slightly overclocks the card and the full cover GPU block.

I've had it to 5.2 and 5.3 once. Ended redoing the OC later on and just set it to 5.0 and just left it at that.
Also with 3600MHz RAM.

Actually haven't checked temps in many months, the fans stay near silent. I just opened Intel Power Gadget, I have a few tasks going with the chip running at a fairly constant 4.2-4.8 and the temps are jumping between 38-41C.

The mono block is a couple degrees warmer than the normal CPU block I was using previously but I am happy overall with the performance, sound, aesthetics of the system.

I've been running mine at 5.1GHz on air cooling (delidded). It hit about 77C under full load on a very hot summer day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back