Core-i7 6850K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi all,

First post here but a long-time lurker, please go gentle!

Recently made the move from cMP5,1 to a X99 hack (see signature). MOST things are going well (thanks to guides by @kgp, @RehabMan, @P1LGRIM, @shilohh and the many others credited in kgp's X99 Sierra guide), except I can't get macOS 10.12.6 to boot when overclocked. Overclock is perfectly stable under W10, so I'm not entirely sure where the issue is. macOS loading bar just hangs at the very start (zero progress) before eventually showing graphical glitches along the top of the screen and rebooting. Even a small overclock from 3.6 to 3.8 is a no-go. Must be something I've goofed on here, but what?

I'm using a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS, I've ran PikerAlphas ssdtPRgen, and used frequency vectors from iMac17,1. Terminal commands show that XCPM is active, X86PlatformPlugin.kext is loaded, Apple Intel CPU management isn't being used, and frequency vectors are being used, all as per @kgp's X99 Sierra guide. I've tried with and without EIST in BIOS, either works without overclock and freezes with overclock.

Attached is my EFI folder, if anybody can advise me on things to try to get this to boot?

Thanks!

Attachments