GTX 780ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

Our UD5H motherboard / i7-4770k is originally set at 3.5ghz.

After building the hackintosh, we overclocked it to 4.5 and two "strange" things happen:

1. When looking at system info, it doesn't seem to recognise the 4.5ghz but only sees it at 3.9ghz?

2. When doing different benchmarks (like Cinebench R15) we see no extra performance compared to not overclocking?

If someone has a few experiences to share, I'd be very happy :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-04-26 13.51.32.png
    Screenshot 2014-04-26 13.51.32.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 143
Did you disable EIST in BIOS ?

Perhaps this will be the boob-question of the week, but ...... I've been looking for somewhere to say "EIST" in Bios setup without finding it.

Do you know where to look? :angel:

I don't have your board but typically it's under M.I.T. then Advanced CPU Core Features.

Gigabyte's website has the manual for your board - If you download it you can search the .pdf file for EIST.

Good Luck

Ok, found it :)

It was auto. When enabling it, boot routine stops with a memory warning so it needs to either be auto or disabled for me to boot :)

I think it needs to be Disabled for you to overclock.

Good Luck

Hi. You need to change your multiplier to change your overclock and then adjust voltage setting to get stability. Might not hurt to have a parallel windows install running to test stability and monitor temps

Try these settings

Multiplier = 42
CPU vcore = normal
Offset = +0.05v.

If its not stable increase offset in increments of 0.05 and test again
If stable and temps are under control at 100% load on all cores increase multiplier by 1 and repeat.

Note: you might not want to go over a total voltage of 1.25 for 24/7 stable OC if you are on a air cooler or a closed loop water cooler. If however you are on a custom water/ phase change cooling loop, feel free to push 1.3 and 1.35 volts and enjoy close to 5 GHz performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back