Contribute
Register

Output audio to my internal speakers without disconnecting my headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B85M-D2V
CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX970
Hey, using High Sierra & ALC887 for a long time with AppleALC with my headphones connected to the front audio jack and speakers connected to the back audio jack.

My headphones and Internal speakers use the same output when opening the Audio menubar.

If my headphones are connected sounds works only through the headphones using the "Headphones" output. If I remove the headphones connector, the headphones output is changing to "Internal speakers". Selecting it will output audio through the speakers.

I'd like to be able to switch between outputs without removing the headphones connector.

Is there any solution to this?

If my headphones are connected sounds works only through the headphones using the "Headphones" output. If I remove the headphones connector, the headphones output is changing to "Internal speakers". Selecting it will output audio through the speakers.
Native Apple design
like to be able to switch between outputs without removing the headphones connector.
Two choices:
a. set Audio ID: 2, repurposes Mic In (Pink) to Line Out (Orange, 1st Line Out) and Line In (Blue) to Line Out (Black, 2nd Line Out); connect speakers to Pink (or Blue) port
b. customize AppleHDA.kext, see Customization - Realtek ALC AppleHDA_v2 [Guide].pdf/
Procedure 3. Manual Speaker and Headphone Selection

Thanks toleda.
Regarding the first option, My board GA-B85M-D2V has only blue, pink and green. Changing to Audio ID: 2 and connecting the speakers to blue will still work? If so, how can I keep it working also on my Windows 10?

Thanks toleda. I'm still not sure regarding the windows part. Couldn't find any info about it.

In Clover Configuration i'm changing the Audio ID here: https://imgur.com/k2DsYAV which works fine on High Sierra.

How can I achieve the same thing with Windows? Is there a setting to change \ regedit entry ?

Couldn't find any info about it.
Check the motherboard manual, example:
Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.26.00 PM.png
How can I achieve the same thing with Windows?
See manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back