Contribute
Register

OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first Hackintosh and have an EVGA GTX 970 installed. On first boot last night, I disabled the Nvidia GPU using the Clover boot flag, installed the latest NVIDIA web drivers, then rebooted and everything seemed to work great.

This morning, however, I am getting the error described above. I can't simply uninstall the web drivers (even if I could get into OSX to do so) because they are need with the 970 -- or so I'm told. I also can do the aptiofix because ProjectOSX is no longer live.

Any suggestions. Does anyone have the aptiofix that they could share and be so kind as to walk me through the steps to use it?

Thanks

Duhhh, system specs might help....

I am also now faced with this error. Not my first build, but my first build with Clover.

This is particularly frustrating because I had the build up and running and was seemingly only ironing out audio issues. Restart to see if the the HDAEnabler Kext was going to work, and whether my build was therefore substantially complete, and now faced with an inability to even get out of Clover. Can't Boot into recovery partition either.

If I run in single-user mode I'm able to proceed into the OS X boot sequence, but ultimately always hit a "Root device is mounted read-only" message followed by a "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" - even from my USB flash drive, which is driving me insane. Not sure how that happened. I'm going to make a new flash drive and see what gives.

I've got a Asus Maximus Impact VII Impact, Gigabyte GTX 970, and an i5- 4690k

I had it booting, Nvidia web drivers humming, internet and wifi working. I was sure I had ****ed up installing the audio kexts somehow because nothing else really made sense...looks like this is an Nvidia issue.

I used AptioFix2Drv and re-installed everything.

previously, I had been leaving a lot of kexts in the EFI kexts/10.10 folder instead of installing them in the S/L/E with kextbeast or some other kext installer (first install?). Could it be that if you have more kexts than clover has as its default ram allocation that it crashes Clover?

It seemed strange to me that it was clover itself crashing based on the installation of an OS level driver. Maybe its just that we were adding too many kexts as part of our post install, which included Nvidia web drivers?

I don't know, far from an expert, just spitballing. Like I said I re-installed and everything's working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back