Contribute
Register

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi VS OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really thank you so much!

Even the quicklook that was a little slow is faster now, thanks!

I tested it three times to make sure:

NVRAM working
Shutdown working

Thanks @pastrychef
:headbang:

Do I really need these arguments?

shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Hiya both,

That shikigva command pair is one of the ways to get QuickLook and Preview working with JPGs on Mojave. A known problem for that version. Not needed for High Sierra or Catalina :thumbup:

Hiya both,

That shikigva command pair is one of the ways to get QuickLook and Preview working with JPGs on Mojave. A known problem for that version. Not needed for High Sierra or Catalina :thumbup:

I think they may be related to DRM. Quick Sync, Quick Look, and Preview should work without those arguments.

I think they may be related to DRM. Quick Sync, Quick Look, and Preview should work without those arguments.
Confirmed,
Quick Look and Preview work without those arguments.

On Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103).

My system only boots with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and I am now concerned because the @P1LGRIM said in post#2 about the possibility of any hardware damage. If I don't use it, I got this error in boot "Couldn't allocate runtime area"
Are you @rusbs still using it?

Last edited:
My system only boots with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and I am now concerned because the @P1LGRIM said in post#2 about the possibility of any hardware damage. If I don't use it, I got this error in boot "Couldn't allocate runtime area"
Are you @rusbs still using it?

I'm still using it and occasionally I get weird behavior that requires a cold boot but nothing has completely failed yet. I've also not found anything else that will allow me to boot either. Interested if someone else finds something that works. Seems a lot of people are needing to use it.

I'm still using it and occasionally I get weird behavior that requires a cold boot but nothing has completely failed yet. I've also not found anything else that will allow me to boot either. Interested if someone else finds something that works. Seems a lot of people are needing to use it.

Please see post #1, 2, and 4 from my Z390 build. Link is below in my signature.

Sorry, but after reading your posts of your Z390 build, I did not see any relation with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver. Was that about?

Those posts give you all the info you need to avoid the use of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and/or OsxAptioFix2Drv. You will have working NVRAM and don't need either of these drivers.

Those posts give you all the info you need to avoid the use of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and/or OsxAptioFix2Drv. You will have working NVRAM and don't need either of these drivers.
Ok, but your guide refers to Catalina OSX and I am running High Sierra, can I apply it in my system?
Also your Motherboard is completely different of my Dell T7810 as you can see in my profile.
I really need some help to solve my issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back