Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

I return once again to the Graphics forum.

This time, I'm trying to use OS X 10.11 without my dGPU, (no Pascal QE/QI support yet), and instead, use the Intel HD 530 iGPU.
The silly thing is, I've had it working before... Not sure what changed that made this issue. This does not happen while using a dGPU.

When I boot using the iGPU, (made sure to set "Primary Graphics Configuration" to iGPU in UEFI, as well as the "nv_disable=1" boot flag to disable web drivers), I get this error pertaining to Osxaptiofixdrv:
zuGbto0.jpg

Ordinarily, the forum advises users to switch from OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
This yields a different result. Clover does not get past the ++++++++++++++++++ section of the boot.

I have also seen in this thread, @RehabMan has instructed users with similar issues to set config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67. This does not fix the issue and instead gives a similar error dealing with Osxaptiodrvfix.efi.

Can someone help me out with some suggestions on getting my Intel HD 530 iGPU working again? It's a shame that one little .efi can cause such a headache.

I've included my EFI\CLOVER for those who will request it. Thanks in advance! :beachball:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Bump

After verifying that the proper injections are completed for Intel HD 530, I still have no working boot using the iGPU.

BIOS DVMT allocation is set to 64MB instead of the default 32MB.

I am not sure if it will help because I am not familiar with your particular error but check here http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...grated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/

In the config file you uploaded you do not have the graphic settings right or have the kextsToPatch added.
Hi! Thanks for helping out.

In my bump post, I said that I've made sure to follow the directions in that post.
One question - even though I've tried using the graphics identifier for HD 530, would it be beneficial to leave it blank as the thread indicates?

Hi! Thanks for helping out.

In my bump post, I said that I've made sure to follow the directions in that post.
One question - even though I've tried using the graphics identifier for HD 530, would it be beneficial to leave it blank as the thread indicates?

All you said in your bump was that you set the injections properly. Did you also add the KextsToPatch?

You can try to leave it blank. You can do that by going into options when you get to the clover boot screen. Erase the ID and try it. It will only do it for that boot and not overwrite your config file.

All you said in your bump was that you set the injections properly. Did you also add the KextsToPatch?

You can try to leave it blank. You can do that by going into options when you get to the clover boot screen. Erase the ID and try it. It will only do it for that boot and not overwrite your config file.
To clarify, yes, I did end up adding the KextsToPatch portion. I'll upload the updated version of my config.plist when I get off work in 8 hours.

Will also try using the blank ID for the next boot.

Wasn't able to get back to the PC until now, but here's my config.plist file. I've just updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6, this morning, if that means anything.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 288
Wasn't able to get back to the PC until now, but here's my config.plist file. I've just updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6, this morning, if that means anything.

Your config files shows not to inject intel. Here is an updated config file with it injecting intel.

Be sure to rename it to config.plist when adding it to your EFI.

Attachments

• config-5.plist
    6 KB · Views: 225
Your config files shows not to inject intel. Here is an updated config file with it injecting intel.

Be sure to rename it to config.plist when adding it to your EFI.
According to the thread tony started, Inject Intel was originally the preferred method.
To my understanding, it has been established that Inject Intel true/false does not change whether the KextsToPatch portion is effective or not.

Is this correct, or incorrect?
Regardless, I have tried with Inject Intel set to both true and false, and neither of them work.

According to the thread tony started, Inject Intel was originally the preferred method.
To my understanding, it has been established that Inject Intel true/false does not change whether the KextsToPatch portion is effective or not.

Is this correct, or incorrect?
Regardless, I have tried with Inject Intel set to both true and false, and neither of them work.

Yes, inject intel is preferred and what I use. Your uploaded config had it disabled.

I don't know if the that is correct or not.

Sorry I have not been able to help you. I don't know enough yet, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back