Contribute
Register

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 won't boot after attempted Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard - Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Process
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:beachball:Greetings,

It is with great disappointment that I find myself writing this post. I recently purchase a hackintosh via EBay. It was working perfectly but I made the stupid mistake of unknowingly updating the software via apple software updates:banghead:. Now when I try to restart the system. It goes to the screen where the progress bar starts moving alone just fine (with apple logo on top) but then it stops half way and gets stuck and doesn't go any further then that. Please help me! I contacted the seller for help but his response was "I don't troubleshoot problems you have created, I just sell pre-built systems". The specs for the system are below if that helps. It was also last running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3
View attachment 150894View attachment 150895View attachment 150896View attachment 150899

- Phanteks Enthod Evolv Aluminum White Case
- Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Processor
- 32 GB (8x4) Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3-1866 RAM
- Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card (HDMI 2.0)
- Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Cooler Master Nepton 120XL 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Case fans + NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan
- APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0 PCIe card.

Native Support
Supports Apple bluetooth keyboard in BIOS/UEFI or Bootloader
NO spare keyboard needed to be able to get to BIOS/UEFI or in Bootloader
Native Airdrop Support
Native Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10
Support Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad

The update probably changed your build number which in turn invalidated the web drivers for your GTX 970.

You need to boot with nv_disable=1 then install the web drivers relevant to your new build number.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=161256

how do I go about doing that?

how do I go about doing that?

At the boot loader screen - The one with the cartoon apple with the eyes - Press the space bar

Then type :

-v nv_disable=1

Press return

I did that but it didn't work

My apologies for one word answers, after I imputed "-v nv_disable=1" it goes to a black screen and doesn't proceed. I attach an image of the screen below.

IMG_0237.jpg

You ARE A LIFE SAVER, that actually work and I was able to enter safe mode (see screen shot below) how do I keep it from happening or how do I update the build number.

If its too complicated I would prefer to return it back to the settings it was before and never update again lo

lIMG_0239.jpg

You ARE A LIFE SAVER, that actually work and I was able to enter safe mode (see screen shot below) how do I keep it from happening or how do I update the build number.

If its too complicated I would prefer to return it back to the settings it was before and never update again lo

lView attachment 150909

In System Information - Software determine your build number and then install the appropriate web driver :

Links in Post # 1 of http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=161256.

This process is required (presently) each time that you perform an update that changes the build number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back