Contribute
Register

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 won't boot after attempted Update - Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard - Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Process
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a hackintosh (Specs posted below) and was trying to fix a freeze error it doesn't occur often, but often enough to be annoying.

I followed this youtube video

I downloaded Chameleon Wizard. Through chameleon I opened a file called "smbios.plist" located in my "Extra" folder. in the app I edited my model to "Mac Pro (3,1)- LGA775".

Unfortunately, my system was still freezing, so I followed another youtube video's instructions

I downloaded "KextUtility" from this website (http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4). I opened it, restarted my hackintosh with no problem. Then I installed "AtherosL1cEthernet" through multibeast. I still didn't have any problems and decided I want to upgrade to a later OS X post yosemite 10.10.5. I downloaded and installed Clover. I shut down my hackintosh and the next morning was unable to boot my hackintosh past the clover boot manager screen. When I elected to boot from my hard drive I get a "Debugger called: <panic>":

Boot from -eVil- (Normal).jpeg

When I try booting up with the bootflag -v I get the "Unable to find driver for this platform..." line on my screen:

-v boot attempt.jpg

Thus far I am stuck at Clover Boot manager screen with no way of getting into my operating system. No other boot flags work that I Know of:

Clover boot screen.jpeg

I want to return to Yosemite 10.10.5 and would like to undo any damage I've done to my booting process.
Hackintosh Specs:
- Running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
- Phanteks Enthod Evolv Aluminum White Case with window and red/green/white front power LED
- Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
- Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Processor
- 32 GB (8x4) Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3-1866 RAM
- Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card (HDMI 2.0)
- Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
- Cooler Master Nepton 120XL 76.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- Case fans + NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan with blue LED lighting
- ...and APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0 PCIe card. This is very important for a Hackintosh, it's native to Apple and unlike many Hackintosh systems, will allow you the following:

Native Support
Supports Apple bluetooth keyboard in BIOS/UEFI or Bootloader
NO spare keyboard needed to be able to get to BIOS/UEFI or in Bootloader
Native Airdrop Support
Native Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10
Support Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad

Last edited:
It is with great disappointment that I find myself writing this post. I recently purchase a hackintosh via EBay. It was working perfectly but I made the stupid mistake of unknowingly updating the software via apple software updates:banghead:. Now when I try to restart the system. It goes to the screen where the progress bar starts moving alone just fine (with apple logo on top) but then it stops half way and gets stuck and doesn't go any further then that. Please help me! I contacted the seller for help but his response was "I don't troubleshoot problems you have created, I just sell pre-built systems". The specs for the system are below if that helps. It was also last running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

It is with great disappointment that I find myself writing this post. I recently purchase a hackintosh via EBay. It was working perfectly but I made the stupid mistake of unknowingly updating the software via apple software updates:banghead:. Now when I try to restart the system. It goes to the screen where the progress bar starts moving alone just fine (with apple logo on top) but then it stops half way and gets stuck and doesn't go any further then that. Please help me! I contacted the seller for help but his response was "I don't troubleshoot problems you have created, I just sell pre-built systems". The specs for the system are below if that helps. It was also last running OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

You seem to have posted this twice previously, please read the rules :

The Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

You seem to have posted this twice previously, please read the rules :
I have edit the post but PLEASE HELP, I SERIOUSLY MESSED THIS UP

I had the same problem and i was lucky to have a super duper back up. If not i was screewed.
Always have a back up before any update.

I had the same problem and i was lucky to have a super duper back up. If not i was screewed.
Always have a back up before any update.
Can you some how walk me thru how to fix it?

Unfortunately i didn't fix it. I had to restore a backup before the update. And i have tried a second time and it was the same problem. So, this OSX security update (2016-007) is still there but i never run it. I had no skills to repair this issue, because originally, i am a Windows guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back