GTX 560 Ti 1.25GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have here a GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo with an ivy bridge i7-3770k, as well as a GTX 560 Ti gpu. I've created my USB boot device, and have successfully booted from USB. However when I click on boot the USB OSX installer, I get hung up on the white/grey apple logo. I also get this symbol in grey across the screen in grey:

http://0.tqn.com/d/chemistry/1/0/J/h/prohibitionsign.jpg

Can anyone help please? How long should I let each attempt try to boot the installer before killing the power and trying again? Thanks all

EDIT: When I boot in verbose mood, I keep getting the message "Still waiting for root device"

Can anyone please help me? I've been struggling with this issue for hours now :/

Still waiting for root device means it cannot find a drive its trying to read from or install to....

I have seen this in the past with some SATA dvd roms in older systems......

But in your case, since you are installing Mountain Lion from a hard drive or USB, it most likely means the controler that one of your drives is on, or the type of controler is not recognized.... and the installer is just paitently waiting for it to be come available.... and will wait forever, since it will never be found.

Thats all I can tell you from my experience.... Good Luck, hope that helps point you in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back