Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Today i was over a friends house and i was trying to connect to his wifi but he couldnt remembre his password. So i close my laptop lid, unplugged it from the wall and moved it near his router to put a wired connection. When i lifted up the lid my screen was all black and i couldnt bring it back by moving the mouse or presing a key. I forced shutdown my computer by holding the power button. When i tried to reboot my computer it just gets stuck at the bootloader... And if i do the -v command im getting this only one line :
loaded hfs+ file: [system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist] 479 bytes from 435aaf0.

Anyone has an idea on how to fix this or what caused this? I tried booting in -x or -s and it doesnt work!

Thank you

A boot cd like the one i used to install? Even with that im not quite sure what im supposed to do once it's booted... I was thinking maybe i could tryto reinsyall my bootloader hut i've absolutely no idea how to do this from where im stuck at.

Hmm so i just boot with the installer and put multibeast on a usb drive and run itfrom there or should i use tonymac's boot cd? Im going to try this when i get back home tonight!

You can use either the boot CD or the USB bootloader (I prefer the CD myself). Once that's done you can download Multibeast (there's a link on the blog). I'll allow you to reinstall Chameleon.

I dont get how i can do it... On the install cd theres no safari so i cant download it feom there... And theres no way to explore my folders or anything... Do i need to mount up my hd in terminal? Cause i already have the tool in my download folder...

I don't mean the Mac OS X Install DVD; I'm talking about the tonymacx86 boot CD. It has it's own bootloader on it so it should allow you to boot up your OS X installation.

Oh.. sorry about the confusion..

but I just fixed it... and oddly enough I didnt do anything... I booted with the install CD... did a check disk, founded nothing wrong, then I rebooted using the select disk tool... I removed the install CD and then booted normally in my osx...

thanks for your help and I'll be downloading this boot cd just in case something bad happens again!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back