Contribute
Register

OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Installation fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H81M-E33
CPU
Intel Core i3 4160
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce gtx 950
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I am trying to set up a hackintosh machine on my custom built pc using iBoot 1.0.1 and a snow leopard installation disc (10.6.3). I have followed the Snow leopard installation guide by (tonymacx86)... But have not been able to boot into the OSX installation. So far I am able to get into iBoot and then press f5 to register that the OSX cd has been put in. Anything after that I have been told that my computer needs to be restarted/shut down. So heres what I did as far as countermeasures go... I tried typing all 4 PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x, and just -x, and then GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag.Then I tried all of those again without my graphics card installed. Another round without one of my RAM modules installed. Nothing...
My motherboard supports AHCI but not ACHI I don't know what the difference is. *Also I just realized that i did use the Haswell version of iboot so i really don't know why this isn't working*

Here are my PC Specs Below-
CPU: Intel Core i3 4160 3.6GHZ dual core processor (Haswell)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 LGA 1150 Motherboard
Graphics Card: Geforce Gt 610

Last edited:
Hello, I am trying to set up a hackintosh machine on my custom built pc using iBoot 1.0.1 and a snow leopard installation disc (10.6.3). I have followed the Snow leopard installation guide by (tonymacx86)... But have not been able to boot into the OSX installation. So far I am able to get into iBoot and then press f5 to register that the OSX cd has been put in. Anything after that I have been told that my computer needs to be restarted/shut down. So heres what I did as far as countermeasures go... I tried typing all 4 PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=1 -x, and just -x, and then GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag.Then I tried all of those again without my graphics card installed. Another round without one of my RAM modules installed. Nothing...
My motherboard supports AHCI but not ACHI I don't know what the difference is. *Also I just realized that i did use the Haswell version of iboot so i really don't know why this isn't working*

Here are my PC Specs Below-
CPU: Intel Core i3 4160 3.6GHZ dual core processor (Haswell)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 LGA 1150 Motherboard
Graphics Card: Geforce Gt 610

ACHI is a misspell. AHCI (Advance Host Controller Interface) is the correct terminology.

My guess is that since Snow Leopard does not support your graphics card it may be the cause of your problems.

ACHI is a misspell. AHCI (Advance Host Controller Interface) is the correct terminology.

My guess is that since Snow Leopard does not support your graphics card it may be the cause of your problems.
Thank you for your response! Theoretically, would I be able to use my CPU's integrated graphics or do i need a separate card?

Thank you for your response! Theoretically, would I be able to use my CPU's integrated graphics or do i need a separate card?

I don't think the CPU graphics works with Snow Leopard either. You may need a separate card supported under Snow Leopard such as the GT210 if you want to install Snow Leopard. Do you have any other Nvidia graphics cards such as 9800GT / GT210 / GT240?

I don't think the CPU graphics works with Snow Leopard either. You may need a separate card supported under Snow Leopard such as the GT210 if you want to install Snow Leopard. Do you have any other Nvidia graphics cards such as 9800GT / GT210 / GT240?
I do not own any other card, I may be able to purchase a cheap one off of ebay though. Ill see if I can find a list of supported cards and depending on the price I may be able to go with a card in the gtx line as I want a more powerful graphics card. My end goal is to install mac osx high sierra. Snow leopard is just a gateway for the installation since I have no other installation media for Sierra. Thank you for your help!

I do not own any other card, I may be able to purchase a cheap one off of ebay though. Ill see if I can find a list of supported cards and depending on the price I may be able to go with a card in the gtx line as I want a more powerful graphics card. My end goal is to install mac osx high sierra. Snow leopard is just a gateway for the installation since I have no other installation media for Sierra. Thank you for your help!

Find a cheap GT210 mine works in Yosemite thru High Sierra so you can update then get a better card. A GTX card will probably result in the same problem in Snow Leopard.

Find a cheap GT210 mine works in Yosemite thru High Sierra so you can update then get a better card. A GTX card will probably result in the same problem in Snow Leopard.
Ah, I see. Well thank you both for assisting me!

Ah, I see. Well thank you both for assisting me!

Update: I just dug out an old HDD that came with one of my old macBooks that has Snow Leopard on it. It took awhile but I got it booted with Clover using a number of settings. I was able to boot using my gt210, and the first boot was with nv_disable=1. You may be able to boot and load your SL disk using a clover USB bootloader which will give you many options as opposed to iBoot. I'm writing this from my Pentium G3258 with GT210 in Snow Leopard with my High Sierra SSD as my boot drive. It has the latest clover in UEFI mode so it is possible to boot into SL with Clover.

I used clover settings.

Boot arg. dart=0 cpus=1
ACPI drop tables= Drop ALL OEM
CPU tuning = halt enabler, pstates, Cstates C2, C4
Graphics = Inject Nvidia
Binaries = CPU Fake ID 0x106E0, kernel pm, appleintelpm, AppleRT, DellSymbios

I have wifi (TPlink N900 Atheros 9380), Graphics have support GT210.

Screen shot 2018-01-15 at 9.57.50 PM.png

Maybe if you use boot arg. PCIRootUID=0 and nv_disable=1 you may get past graphics error.
I will try with my RX 460 to reboot using these settings and update this post.

Update: I just dug out an old HDD that came with one of my old macBooks that has Snow Leopard on it. It took awhile but I got it booted with Clover using a number of settings. I was able to boot using my gt210, and the first boot was with nv_disable=1. You may be able to boot and load your SL disk using a clover USB bootloader which will give you many options as opposed to iBoot. I'm writing this from my Pentium G3258 with GT210 in Snow Leopard with my High Sierra SSD as my boot drive. It has the latest clover in UEFI mode so it is possible to boot into SL with Clover.

I used clover settings.

Boot arg. dart=0 cpus=1
ACPI drop tables= Drop ALL OEM
CPU tuning = halt enabler, pstates, Cstates C2, C4
Graphics = Inject Nvidia
Binaries = CPU Fake ID 0x106E0, kernel pm, appleintelpm, AppleRT, DellSymbios

I have wifi (TPlink N900 Atheros 9380), Graphics have support GT210.

View attachment 306250

Maybe if you use boot arg. PCIRootUID=0 and nv_disable=1 you may get past graphics error.
I will try with my RX 460 to reboot using these settings and update this post.
Ill see if I can do this with my gt 610 first and then if I cant i'll go buy the card. I haven't tried a few steps that are listed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back