Motherboard
Acer 5745g // Chipset: Intel HM55
CPU
Intel Core i5-430M Processor, 2.26GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GT330m 1gb
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Recently I have been trying to install osx sierra on my 5745g. But evry time I get error of waiting for root device and circle with cross. Can anyone help please?

Recently I have been trying to install osx sierra on my 5745g. But evry time I get error of waiting for root device and circle with cross. Can anyone help please?
Please update your personal details and fill in your hardware specs like it is written in RehabMans FAQ to get better support in the future.

Oops sorry! I have updated my details now.
I have managed to get past the 'error of waiting for root device' error with a correct config.plist file. I have also installed the OS. Wifi, usb working fine. But I am not able to activate onboard speakers. Tried Voodoo HDA 2.8.6 (via multibeast) with audio Layout id 12 injected via clover, my onboard audio is realtek alc269. after installing voodoo i see 4 hdmi outs and 1 intel hd device in pci devices list.

I have managed to get past the 'error of waiting for root device' error with a correct config.plist file. I have also installed the OS. Wifi, usb working fine. But I am not able to activate onboard speakers. Tried Voodoo HDA 2.8.6 (via multibeast) with audio Layout id 12 injected via clover, my onboard audio is realtek alc269. after installing voodoo i see 4 hdmi outs and 1 intel hd device in pci devices list.

The FAQ has links for using patched AppleHDA.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You need to use audio layout ID = 3 to get audio working.
You also need to know which audio chipset you have. To patch AppleHDA, you can use cloverHDA or mirones AppleHDAPatcher.
You can find out your audio chipset for example with AIDA64 Extreme on Windows 10.

You need to use audio layout ID = 3 to get audio working.
You also need to know which audio chipset you have. To patch AppleHDA, you can use cloverHDA or mirones AppleHDAPatcher.
You can find out your audio chipset for example with AIDA64 Extreme on Windows 10.

Hi HorchaudiBMW,
Will layout id=3 make laptop speakers work?
I dont have windows installed, however linux tells me its alc 271x. I will try 271x kext and get back. One point to mention is that I am using nvidia gpu only (intel gpu disabled) and web drivers. I hope that isn't messing with the audio.

Hi HorchaudiBMW,
Will layout id=3 make laptop speakers work?
I dont have windows installed, however linux tells me its alc 271x. I will try 271x kext and get back. One point to mention is that I am using nvidia gpu only (intel gpu disabled) and web drivers. I hope that isn't messing with the audio.
For most notebooks audio layout ID= 3 works, but read information about this in RehabMans FAQ.
Maybe you need to rename something, but I haven´t experience with first generation of Intel Core i processors.

Hi guys, tried mirones applehda patcher 1.7 with ALC269vb v2. Used clover inject audio layout id=3, config.plist kext patches & dummyhda.kext. Applied IRQ patches to DSDT. Dpcimanager shows realtek alc 269 loaded on intel hd (GT216 audio controller not loaded). kextstat shows AppleHda.kext loading.
Ioreg shows some entries under hda getting unloaded.
no sound device found on sound manager
AppleHda kext unload/load causes system crash.

What am I doing wrong!!:crazy:

Hi guys, tried mirones applehda patcher 1.7 with ALC269vb v2. Used clover inject audio layout id=3, config.plist kext patches & dummyhda.kext. Applied IRQ patches to DSDT. Dpcimanager shows realtek alc 269 loaded on intel hd (GT216 audio controller not loaded). kextstat shows AppleHda.kext loading.
Ioreg shows some entries under hda getting unloaded.
no sound device found on sound manager
AppleHda kext unload/load causes system crash.

What am I doing wrong!!:crazy:

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back