Contribute
Register

OSX SIERRA 10.12.2 on Dell T3500 SUCCESS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have High Sierra 10.13.4 running smoothly on my Dell T3500 (Xeon E5520). Sound (through USB) working fine, WiFi great, using clover 4439. Am using an old nvidia quadro FX580 graphics card; am saving for a new GPU and power supply. Have had no problems with sleep and/or shutdown yet. I've moved this old machine from Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captitan, Sierra, through High Sierra. I certainly want a new graphics card, but they've jumped in price!

I have sound working natively with applehdaand dsdt mod. However, I don't have shutdown working. Can you share your dsdt with me? I'll add the sound to yours and I'll have working shutdown, unless you are using nullcpupower, I'm using native power management.

I've just aquired the T3500 and am new to hackintosh.
Would love to get this going . If you guys have any pointers please PM me
Best regards
Mike

What do you need? I can pack all my kext, dsdt, and config if that will help. I have native power management working, but shutdown shuts everything off except fans and I have to hold the power button. If using nullcpupowermanagement the system will shutdown just fine,but no stepping and sleep doesn't work properly.

What do you need? I can pack all my kext, dsdt, and config if that will help.
Hi dear gooki, yes, would you please share? I'm refreshing my OS X once a decade, so any previous experience is obsolete and void. Have a 3500 with Radeon HD 6800 and X5650. Trying Clover with default options leads to immediate reboot, while blind mangling prolongs to 'patching kexts done' and then... reboot. :)
Trying High Sierra, vanilla image from the store, and Clover v2.4k / 4844.

Thank you!!!

Bummer.
Whatever i do, it just reboots in gui mode, or says many ++++++ and reboots if -v.
The puter might not be defective, it was running windoze 10 for quite a time....

I just ddresque'd a working 10.9.5 disk onto a new one, checked it on my working pc (intel dx58so, radeon5770) and put into the dell. Same kind of reboot!!!!

Gentlemen, I have to admit that I don't know HOW i did it.
I booted the mentioned flash onto the old X58 desktop and installed High Sierra onto a fresh HDD with almost no issues (sleep, poweroff untested yet).
After that THE SAME stick DID boot on the Dell. Using it, I booted from that HDD, and now am installing kexts.
So - looks solved, but dammit - ????

Thanks for help!

The only thing left is wakeup - the hacki is dead after spin-up. Will dig further. Ta!

Have High Sierra 10.13.4 running smoothly on my Dell T3500 (Xeon E5520). Sound (through USB) working fine, WiFi great, using clover 4439. Am using an old nvidia quadro FX580 graphics card; am saving for a new GPU and power supply. Have had no problems with sleep and/or shutdown yet. I've moved this old machine from Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captitan, Sierra, through High Sierra. I certainly want a new graphics card, but they've jumped in price!

FX580?? How did you boot with that?

The only thing left is wakeup - the hacki is dead after spin-up. Will dig further. Ta!
I am working on Dell Precision t7500 with dual x5675. The graphics card is NVidia gt635. Everything works properly except the audio chip Ad1984a, so I used VoodooHDA instead. I attached my EFI folder below. The worked features are native power management, shutdown function, restart function, and USB waking up function.

Attachments

• T7500 Precision EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back