Contribute
Register

OSX shuts down immediately after closing the lid, no sleep since HDD caddy upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 FHD
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody at Tonymac ! This is my first post, and after reading the 43 pages of this forum and learn as much as i could i introduce you to my first problem so far :

- Installed on a fresh install Mountain lion 8.2 complete succes no problem so far since the begining,

- I succeed in upgrading the CPU to swap the old i3 2350M for the i7 2630QM everything's ok, even sleep (see below).

BUT i decided to swap my optical drive and replaced it by a 1Tb samsung 5400 rpm HDD with no OS on it (only use OSX now, and kept the original Windows 7 HDD in a safe place wich i replaced before by a SSD from which i boot onto ML 8.2). I only use it for storage purposes.

- I formated that new 1Tb HDD to "OS extended" GUID etc... in Disk Utility. The HDD is recognized, mounting itself on desktop, BUT when i close the lid for sleep, then the computer immediatly shuts down and i must reboot using power button. I never had that issue when i was using the optical drive.

- I have upgrade to BIOS F.30 (originally had F27 upgrade to F28, F29 then F30).

- I reset BIOS settings to factory also.

- I repatched my installation using HP installer 6 using sleep image fix checked.

I still can't have sleep fonctionning normally, everytime i close the lid to sleep then reopen lid and press power button it automatically reboots and then OSX shows off a message "the computer shuts down because of a problem" like it was shut down after power failure, which is not the case.

Does anyone had such problem after upgrading for a 2nd HDD caddy like me, if someone people with greater knowledge could enlight me to solve this problem, please.

Thank you all for your work (specially rehabman) !

PS : (Sorry for my bad english, hope my explanations were clear enough to be understood).

EDIT : I also tried to sleep after bootloader and Osx screen asking for password before boot then it reboots and showed "incorrect header/signature" or something like that very quickly before lauching the bootloader again.

Hello everybody at Tonymac ! This is my first post, and after reading the 43 pages of this forum and learn as much as i could i introduce you to my first problem so far :

- Installed on a fresh install Mountain lion 8.2 complete succes no problem so far since the begining,

- I succeed in upgrading the CPU to swap the old i3 2350M for the i7 2630QM everything's ok, even sleep (see below).

BUT i decided to swap my optical drive and replaced it by a 1Tb samsung 5400 rpm HDD with no OS on it (only use OSX now, and kept the original Windows 7 HDD in a safe place wich i replaced before by a SSD from which i boot onto ML 8.2). I only use it for storage purposes.

- I formated that new 1Tb HDD to "OS extended" GUID etc... in Disk Utility. The HDD is recognized, mounting itself on desktop, BUT when i close the lid for sleep, then the computer immediatly shuts down and i must reboot using power button. I never had that issue when i was using the optical drive.

- I have upgrade to BIOS F.30 (originally had F27 upgrade to F28, F29 then F30).

- I reset BIOS settings to factory also.

- I repatched my installation using HP installer 6 using sleep image fix checked.

I still can't have sleep fonctionning normally, everytime i close the lid to sleep then reopen lid and press power button it automatically reboots and then OSX shows off a message "the computer shuts down because of a problem" like it was shut down after power failure, which is not the case.

Does anyone had such problem after upgrading for a 2nd HDD caddy like me, if someone people with greater knowledge could enlight me to solve this problem, please.

Thank you all for your work (specially rehabman) !

PS : (Sorry for my bad english, hope my explanations were clear enough to be understood).

EDIT : I also tried to sleep after bootloader and Osx screen asking for password before boot then it reboots and showed "incorrect header/signature" or something like that very quickly before lauching the bootloader again.

I think you will find this thread helpful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78645-hdd-caddy-question.html

Thank you Rehabman for replying me ! But i already got the same caddy with the white switch in the right position as mention in the thread.

Problem is whenever i turn it right (like in the picture) or left it doesn't solves the sleep problem in OSX.

I thought these switch could avoid cutting any pins on the circuit board of the caddy wich i'm afraid to do if it's not working anymore after that.

Really don't know what to do here.

So.... i cutted the 3rd pin like described on the thread you point me in. It works !

May i say for other having issues like that, that even for some of you who had bought a caddy from hong kong or china with a little white switch on it MAY (if the same problem occur only on those rare like me) cut that particular pin as descibed in the above mentionned thread.

Thank you again Rehabman and all the contributor here. Definitely love this place !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back