Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Can't Mount EFI

I've been trying to work this out on my own but seem to have hit a dead end.

On a standard boot it will give me the could not allocate 0x#### type 2, followed by kernel not loading. I can however usually boot using -x safe mode, but it seems to only work right after I turn my computer on. According to the big list I should mount the EFI, however when I run EFI Mounter v3 and try to mount it reads "Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)". Not sure if safe mode is causing this to happen?

I think this problem might have been caused by me using Multibeast too many times trying to change settings (but creating more EFI's that confuse the boot loader). Otherwise I have two identical SSDs which might be confusing things

I've been trying to work this out on my own but seem to have hit a dead end.

On a standard boot it will give me the could not allocate 0x#### type 2, followed by kernel not loading. I can however usually boot using -x safe mode, but it seems to only work right after I turn my computer on. According to the big list I should mount the EFI, however when I run EFI Mounter v3 and try to mount it reads "Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)". Not sure if safe mode is causing this to happen?

I think this problem might have been caused by me using Multibeast too many times trying to change settings (but creating more EFI's that confuse the boot loader). Otherwise I have two identical SSDs which might be confusing things

Not possible to mount EFI in safe mode. FAT32 drivers are not available in safe mode. Actually... possible but requires patching msdosfs.kext's Info.plist to allow loading in safe mode.

Boot using your USB.

I'm having the same problem, i am using EFI Mounter in OSX on my macbook pro running Yosemite, in preparation for building my hackintosh.

The EFI Mounter DID work initially but soon as i rebooted after installing KextBeast it no longer shows me the EFI in Finder. This is the second time this has happened. The first time i had to reinstall El Capitan on my usb using Unibeast in order to get the EFI entry back. But soon as i installed KextBeast and did a reboot (like the KextBeast installer advises) same thing happens.

EFI Mounter error: "Apple event handler failed" options are EDIT or OK. Neither result in EFI partition access.

Any advice on this... Anyone?

Thanks

**UPDATE**

I've discovered that restarting the mac after successful installation via Unibeast causes the problem. I just reinstalled via Unibeast, and then without even using EFI Mounter i was able to see the EFI partition in Finder. So i decided to restart without doing anything else to see if the problem occurred... and it did.

Even if i tried to use EFI Mounter after reboot, the same event handler error flags.

***UPDATE***

Just downloaded EFO Mounter v2 and it seems to be working! Might be an idea to state on the EFI Mounter v3 download page that it is not compatible with OSX 10.8.5?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back