Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4820K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi All

I notice a post was deleted, I don't no why but just to make this clear I have bought Mac OS X Lion and my neph has bought Mac OS X mountain Lion. I'm legal!!

Install mountain lion on the first partition, lion on the second. Using ML partition as boot partition and both OS's boot but for some reason after tapping in the registration details and creating a user account in Lion, it crashes half way through creating the account and restarts back to the welcome, Choose your country. I go through the process again and i'm unable to use the username and password i created before so I tap in a new one and it does the same thing. so it would seem its not creating my user directory however it is creating the accounts because i can not user the 4 accounts tapped in before. Looking at the ML partition there no extra accounts which there wouldn't be but i just can't get past create user account.

First I installed ML and used Tony's Multibeast sweet everything when fine.
booted to the ML install USB and re-sized the partition
Created a second partition where in install Lion.
After install i select Lion install, then go through the motions.

just can't get past create user account.

Any help or advice would be awesome!!

Best

Mu

You might need to do this on 2 separate drives.
All I can think of is that your ML is installed and running and you slap Lion on part of that drive and your having issues creating a master account in Lion because there is one on ML already. I could be totally off base though as I don't understand why it isn't working.
Plus two drives are better then having it all on one encase of drive lose or failure you wont loose both OS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back