Contribute
Register

OSX Mavericks / ASUS G750JX - INSTALLATION GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I successfully installed Yosemite and get to the desktop but after about 1min or so the computer decides to freeze. Any idea of what it could be?

edit: the freezeing stopped but now I'm getting a kernel panic.

IMG_1149.jpg

So I successfully installed Yosemite and get to the desktop but after about 1min or so the computer decides to freeze. Any idea of what it could be?

edit: the freezeing stopped but now I'm getting a kernel panic.

View attachment 117825

Are you still booting from USB? If so, do you still have the rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the USB's /Extra/Extensions? If so, remove it.

Also, MacBookPro8,1 is not appropriate for your hardware (but perhaps you're still booting from USB...).

Yes I'm still booting from the USB bit I don't see that kext in Extra/Extensions.

And okay so do you think I should use Mac 3,1 like I had when I installed mavericks?

I have done a fresh install. I've generated a custom ssdt and changed my system definition to IMac11,2 but when I boot without the USB, the loading bar stops half way through loading.

Edit: I have booted with verbose mode and this is what it was hanging on.

image.jpg

I have done a fresh install. I've generated a custom ssdt and changed my system definition to IMac11,2 but when I boot without the USB, the loading bar stops half way through loading.

Edit: I have booted with verbose mode and this is what it was hanging on.

View attachment 118061

iMac11,2? That is not a Haswell smbios.

Can someone help with 3 errors on my DSDT? I have a G750JS

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    80.6 KB · Views: 140
Thank you for all your help and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back