Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I already have OSX Mavericks installed on my desktop PC, if I install OSX on my laptop by using the snow leopard disk and upgrading to Mavericks, what will happen? Will I be able to run both computers on the same license seamlessly?

Hi,

I already have OSX Mavericks installed on my desktop PC, if I install OSX on my laptop by using the snow leopard disk and upgrading to Mavericks, what will happen? Will I be able to run both computers on the same license seamlessly?

I would not recommend doing an "upgrade" to Mavericks. Install Mavericks fresh.

I would not recommend doing an "upgrade" to Mavericks. Install Mavericks fresh.

I would do but I didn't enable laptop support when creating my USB, I have to go through snow leopard.

Anyway, is it possible to run a laptop and a desktop under the same disc or will it ask me to activate it again?

I would do but I didn't enable laptop support when creating my USB, I have to go through snow leopard.

That's fine, but after you create your USB for Mavericks, do a fresh install, not an "upgrade".

Anyway, is it possible to run a laptop and a desktop under the same disc or will it ask me to activate it again?

There is no "activation"... I'm not an attorney.

That's fine, but after you create your USB for Mavericks, do a fresh install, not an "upgrade".

There is no "activation"... I'm not an attorney.

Yes, I will do a fresh install, but just to make it clear, I can use the same install disc for snow leopard on my laptop and desktop without anything going wrong?

Yes, I will do a fresh install, but just to make it clear, I can use the same install disc for snow leopard on my laptop and desktop without anything going wrong?

The disc is read-only media. AFAIK, each one produced from Apple is exactly the same. When I purchased SL, I bought the "family" DVD which allows for 5 computers. I feel like I got ripped off...

If you already have Mavericks on another machine, why not use it to download Mavericks (if necessary) and prepare your Unibeast USB for your laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back