Contribute
Register

OSX Install stuck at loaded progress bar, copy of verbose for help installing El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z97-a
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
TBD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello! I've built my first PC and need some help installing El Capitan. Btw I'm a girl and super techy but this side of things is all new to me so I need very basic info not something I have to search an hour to see what you are saying lol. Took me forever to figure out where to add boot flags in clover
Build
Asus Z97-A USB 3.1
Intel 4790k
for now using integrated graphics
16GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Corsair H80ti Gt

I flashed my Bios to current and setup with all bios settings suggested on here.
I get stuck at progress bar once it fully loads.
Also tried with boot loaders
-X -s maxmex=8192
image.jpg

try with just -v npci=0x2000 and post results

Not quite the same.
What size USB are you using for your UniBeast installer?
Suggest a 16GB USB2.0 if you have one
I thought the crucial infor was similar. Although I notice I uploaded the first screen shot before the last few lines popped up. Missing Bluetooth controller and very low disk have no know fixes on the TonyMac website :(

I'm Using a 16GB 3.0 since it was the easiest accessible. I live 30 mins from anywhere but will try to buy the 2.0. Also trying to boot Yosemite later on today and give that a shot.

I thought the crucial infor was similar. Although I notice I uploaded the first screen shot before the last few lines popped up. Missing Bluetooth controller and very low disk have no know fixes on the TonyMac website :(

I'm Using a 16GB 3.0 since it was the easiest accessible. I live 30 mins from anywhere but will try to buy the 2.0. Also trying to boot Yosemite later on today and give that a shot.

You have a Mac or PC Mac already?

Similar or same issue here: when I try to boot from the prepared USB device (prepared with Unibeast) then it gets stuck at a fully loaded progress bar (I waited for hours, nothing happens).

System:
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
- i5 4690K
- 2 x 8GB
Crucial Ballistix (1866MHz) DDR3-RAM
- 250GB SSD Samsung Evo 850
- no additional graphics card

In the Unibeast setup I chose:
- UEFI Boot
- Intel Graphics HD 3000

I followed all other steps to setup the bootable USB device.
I tried the scenario twice: (both formatted as Mac OS X Extended Journaled)
First with: 16GB USB 3.0 Kingston USB key
Then with: 80GB USB 2.0 Samsung HDD

Both devices were connected to the USB 2.0 port (if I am not mistaken; not the blue ones).

I disabled VT-d in the UEFI menu of the mainboard.
I did not find any Secure Boot option so I guess that mainboard doesn't have it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted this also in the El Capitan support forum (which I think is more appropriate): http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...gabyte-ga-z97x-ud3h-i5-4690k.html#post1190205

Similar or same issue here: when I try to boot from the prepared USB device (prepared with Unibeast) then it gets stuck at a fully loaded progress bar (I waited for hours, nothing happens).

System:
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
- i5 4690K
- 2 x 8GB
Crucial Ballistix (1866MHz) DDR3-RAM
- 250GB SSD Samsung Evo 850
- no additional graphics card

In the Unibeast setup I chose:
- Intel Graphics HD 3000

Why choose to inject HD3000 when your CPU has HD4600? This is likely cause of problems with graphics loading causing delays and hangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back