GTX670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

What's the problem when OSX hangs on MacFuse 2.0??
in verbose mode it doesn't go further then this line:
starting MacFuse...

When removing MacFuse it will boot again.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

How did you remove MacFuse? My system hangs at the same spot. I'm dual booting so can I get my OS 10.6.8 to boot by fixing it in Windows?

kirk9191 said:
How did you remove MacFuse? My system hangs at the same spot. I'm dual booting so can I get my OS 10.6.8 to boot by fixing it in Windows?

It's very easy: go to control panel > macfuse > remove macfuse

That's it!

There's a Macdrive but no macfuse in the Windows Control panel. I deleted the Macfuse files but it still try's to load when I boot OS X and hangs. If I use "-x" then the system hangs at something like "disk0s4 unsupported"

kirk9191 said:
There's a Macdrive but no macfuse in the Windows Control panel. I deleted the Macfuse files but it still try's to load when I boot OS X and hangs. If I use "-x" then the system hangs at something like "disk0s4 unsupported"

I meant the control panel of Mac OS X...
What you can do:
1. Disconnect all other HDD's except the one
Where Mac OS X is installed on.
2. Try to boot OSX with -x

Post the result if you've tried it.

There is only one drive, with 4 partitions. I've tried all kinds of boot flags, googled every thing I could think of that would provide some kind of useful information. But nothing worked. My original issue was the [PCI config] but I fixed that and now I'm at these 2 issues. Would hiding the other partitions work? Because it doesn't see the 100mb partition created by Windows 7. And would hiding the partitions cripple the system or be easily reversed with little to none repercussions?

kirk9191 said:
There is only one drive, with 4 partitions. I've tried all kinds of boot flags, googled every thing I could think of that would provide some kind of useful information. But nothing worked. My original issue was the [PCI config] but I fixed that and now I'm at these 2 issues. Would hiding the other partitions work? Because it doesn't see the 100mb partition created by Windows 7. And would hiding the partitions cripple the system or be easily reversed with little to none repercussions?

Well, I don't think you should hide the partitions cause it can work
with all those partitions unhidden. Did you follow some dual boot guides?

Yes I did and it worked fine before the update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3. And also hibernation in windows doesn't work but I haven't googled a fix for that yet. I think I'll just re-install OS X, I have the kexts backed up anyway.

kirk9191 said:
Yes I did and it worked fine before the update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3. And also hibernation in windows doesn't work but I haven't googled a fix for that yet. I think I'll just re-install OS X, I have the kexts backed up anyway.

Kirk,

I have the same vaio and the only kext i could get working was the atheros 9285, could you suggest a place for other kexts for this model? I would be satisfied if i could just get the touchpad working :crazy:. Any suggestions/guidance from anyone would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back