Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
theLorax said:
chancekang said:
Has anyone tried with portrait mode on your Fermi card?

Mine works fine in all aspects except for screen rotations. Whenever I tried to do so, all I got was a blank screen with my mouse cursor on it.

Same problem here.

Yes known problem, still no fix.

Sorry to ask the obvious but should I sell this card and find a better one ? Kind of need at least stability.

What would you recommend? I don't mind spending a little more on a replacement than these cost at retail. Also is this happening on PC? do I have a recourse to return the card as fault due to nvidia failing to provide good osx drivers or are they generally dodgy?

Thanks!

umm ok looks like everyone is overlooking my post above been working fine for me since whenever i posted that^^^^^

juggz143 said:
umm ok looks like everyone is overlooking my post above been working fine for me since whenever i posted that^^^^^

Matchdesktop is a solution for most of us, but we really want a true solution.
And we know it, long time ago, before your post.

Thanks

Any news on Cuda 4? Will it include a new driver when released?

So... is no fix still?
The wallsaver is working to fix that.. but i losst transparency of top bar.. arghh

I switched to the ATI 5870 and I'm 100% stable with no freezes now. System up time is approaching 1 week which includes entering/exiting sleep mode in 64-bit. So I'd say go with an ATI 57x or 58x card and try to stay as close the reference design as possible. You can get some good prices on these cards now with the 6x series coming out.

My experience on switching is here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15296

Galael

if you can return the card...do it!!!

get an 5770 (cheaper) an 5850 (same pricerange as gtx 460) or 7870 (more expensive)

All cards works perfect.

And as your card in designed for Windows you've no ground to return the card for failing to work in os x

wgstone said:
Sorry to ask the obvious but should I sell this card and find a better one ? Kind of need at least stability.

What would you recommend? I don't mind spending a little more on a replacement than these cost at retail. Also is this happening on PC? do I have a recourse to return the card as fault due to nvidia failing to provide good osx drivers or are they generally dodgy?

Thanks!

I've just been trying out a reference NVIDIA GTX 460 786 MB, and it seems that over the weekend there was no kernel panics. I left the computer on idle.

The configuration is 5.1 with AGPM.kext edit, scores about 27 in cinebench and 1800 in novabench.

How often do these freezes happen on average. Do they happen while idling or while doing something.

lukarak said:
I've just been trying out a reference NVIDIA GTX 460 786 MB, and it seems that over the weekend there was no kernel panics. I left the computer on idle.

The configuration is 5.1 with AGPM.kext edit, scores about 27 in cinebench and 1800 in novabench.

How often do these freezes happen on average. Do they happen while idling or while doing something.

Was that using a looping video or wallsaver fix? I only get a panic about every 2 weeks using a looping video. But, my cinebench scores are very low, around 23fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back