Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure but for me it looks like the problems are only on 460 and lover models , am i right ?

if its true than it looks like the GF104 chip is the problem ....

jb044 said:
O yeah, a question: You guys seem to be able to monitor your Fermi cards, how do you managed that?

Installed the FakeSMC and related kexts form ProjectOSX, but it just tells me my GPU is not supported. Same with latest beta nvclock.
It might be that only happened if you install the monitoring plugins which comes with the new FakeSMC. Your card isn't supported by the nvidia plugin, so monitoring with istatmenu for our cards isn't possible. Mine too, therefore i delete it.

OiWarning said:
im not sure but for me it looks like the problems are only on 460 and lover models , am i right ?

if its true than it looks like the GF104 chip is the problem ....
I don't think so because mine workes very fine. But other users with a GT430 have the same problems. I guess it's a bit vendorspecific. Mine is a PNY and other's with i.e . a EVGA card or other Vendors have these freezing issues.

I have a gigabyte x58a-ud5 and an evga gtx460 (this one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6814130565), I have nearly no freezes, it only froze when I used Citrix online web client. The system has been up for many days now and it just works, I did not have to do anything to it, so I guess it depends on the actual card you are using.

Update : I am running Citrix online web client today and I have no freezes. My system was configured with a custombeast, but I don't know if that would make a difference.

MusicToMan said:
I have a gigabyte x58a-ud5 and an evga gtx460 (this one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6814130565), I have nearly no freezes, it only froze when I used Citrix online web client. The system has been up for many days now and it just works, I did not have to do anything to it, so I guess it depends on the actual card you are using.
Like i said this might be a vendor specific issue.

It's unlikely to be a vendor specific problem as the most manufactures can do is flash their own bios which only ever contains an overclock.

So to me this isn't a problem.

I haven't really noticed this freezing that people talk about and my card is flashed to an Asus voltage tweak bios.

Could anyone specify what they mean by freeze?

Do you mean the spinning umbrella coming up or just general lag in the UI ?

iWingzero said:
It's unlikely to be a vendor specific problem as the most manufactures can do is flash their own bios which only ever contains an overclock.

So to me this isn't a problem.

I haven't really noticed this freezing that people talk about and my card is flashed to an Asus voltage tweak bios.

Could anyone specify what they mean by freeze?

Do you mean the spinning umbrella coming up or just general lag in the UI ?
I guess both of them

Fascinating, 36 pages of posts taking about kernel panics and someone asks "what they mean by freeze"

frnic said:
Fascinating, 36 pages of posts taking about kernel panics and someone asks "what they mean by freeze"
Because they don't read the whole Thread from the beginning. Same thing with the cool and amazing Guide, and the same thing by just ticking things in Multibeast and install...they don't read before and much of them won't learn. Sad.

Sorry for Offtopic

Sorry for my english.

I've been following this thread for a few days now, hoping for a solution to freezes to arrive. After installling OSX on my PC, I started getting freezes every 30min aprox. I tried with different dsdts and kexts, but I finally gave up and installed Windows. Tweaking the bios on my graphic card looks dangerous to me so I guess I'll just have to wait for a stable solution. Did anybody find a different solution somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back