Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the same card. (PNY GTS 450) While I have not tested it on WOW, I have tested it with SC2. I can say that the game does freeze when I launched it with 1920x1080. Although one time when I opened it up, it opened as 1280x720 fullscreen. I was able to play the game and even changed the resolution back up to 1920x1080. However when I Closed and reopened sc2 and didn't change down the resolution I got the same freezing.

aboudnick said:
I just bought the same card. (PNY GTS 450) While I have not tested it on WOW, I have tested it with SC2. I can say that the game does freeze when I launched it with 1920x1080. Although one time when I opened it up, it opened as 1280x720 fullscreen. I was able to play the game and even changed the resolution back up to 1920x1080. However when I Closed and reopened sc2 and didn't change down the resolution I got the same freezing.

How did you get SC2 to load at a lower resolution? My EVGA GTS 450SC freezes SC2 when I load it at 1920x1080 (native), although I still can move my mouse. I do notice that overall my system seems more sluggish since adding in this card even after switching to MacPro3,1.

aboudnick said:

Guys, please read post one... This thread talk about freezes on desktop, not game compatibility. As i said, the desktop freeze and goes to a kernel panic, this is a driver issue, and not related to any game or whatever.

sry about that I just happened to catch the post about WOW. But yes my gts 450 is running without problems. Although, I have had that restart screen come up when I am running multiple programs. Don't know if the video card play into this but it never happened before I installed this card.

PS: Guy that asked about sc2. PM me if you have questions. I can say that I put it in safe mode with -v -x, and then just simply rebooted. Don't know if that helped but I found something online that suggested that.

I've had some freezes with my 450 SC. Always some weird pixels in the upper left corner of the screen. Sometimes I'm doing nothing really, surfing a few sites.

Attached is the pixel weirdness.

Attachments

• 2010-12-01_07-30-31_369.jpg
    2010-12-01_07-30-31_369.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
Just had another crash. My mouse stopped moving first (USB BT dongle) and then I noticed my upper left pixel line (previous post) growing from left to right. I waited about a minute, but no KP popped up. Hmmm.

I have an ATI 5850 coming that I may switch to in the interim.

I'm experiencing this too. Using GTX 460 from Inno3d and I get random freezes even if I have applegraphicspowermanagement disabled. have graphics enabler=yes. any solutions please?

Saw some similar posts over at InsanelyMac. Looks like a lot of users seeing issues.

One tidbit I noticed is it shuts my USB down first. My video/music/etc keeps playing but my mouse/keyboard stop working. Shortly after that (2 to 3 seconds) I get the freeze.

maybe i'gonna do a customac with a GTS 450!
do you think it's a problem of configuration/instalation
or an incompatibility beetwen components
or is there real difference between an EVGA CARD and a PNY CARD

(For tonymacx) still no have any freeze? in that case can you tell me which motherboard, memory and proc you use..please :oops:
many tks
kama

I have an EVGA GTS 450 SC card that is having them same kernel panics. A little pixel starts on the top left that extends towards the right and then my screen has the message that I need to shutdown the computer.

I currently use MacPro3,1 and enabler=yes. I'm thinking of editing the powermanagement kext with my device ID to see if it'll help fix these crashes. In addition to the crashes, overall performance is more choppy than my previous BFG GTS 250 (loading dashboard, opening folders, scrolling through pages, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back