2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After finding lots of random topics about which cards work with three screens I decided that it would be a lot easier to start a new topic and gather this info in one thread.

Please post the following info:
OSX Version: SL/L/ML
Graphics Chip:
Vendor:
Model: (code from card or picture of card)
Video ports used: 1.(DVI?) 2.(HDMI?) 3.(Active DP->DVI?)
Native Triple Screen Support: Yes/No
Summary of experiences or how you made the setup work:

Anyone with three screens looking for components for a new build can use this topic to find a good card. Anyone looking to upgrade their setup without breaking their 3 screen setup will have a great source of info too. People trying to get their setup to work will also benefit.

I can update the start post to get a full list. If you have an eyefinity setup working please help out:)

To get this thread going:

OSX Version ML
Graphics Chip: HD7550
Vendor: Sapphire
Model:
E685A753CBA44AEB9479481578A69BE2.jpg

Video ports used: 1. DVI 2. DVI 3. Sapphire Active DP->DVI
Native Triple Screen Support: Yes
Summary of experiences or how you made the setup work: Connect all screens with your machine switched off. Boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. AtiConfig= Vervet but ML will set that automatically. If it doesnt work boot and reboot while reconnecting 1 screen at a time.

This is a good idea let's try and keep this thread alive and building.

OSX Version: L
Graphics Chip: HD6850
Vendor: Powercolor

Video ports used: 1. DVI 2. DVI 3. PowerColor Active DP->DVI 4. HDMI
*Note, only three monitors can be used at a time
Native Triple Screen Support: Yes, with kext editing
Summary of experiences or how you made the setup work: Use the kext I provided here (rename to ATI6000.kext, install with Kextbeast or equiv.):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/54625-powercolor-hd6850-patched-kext-guide-come.html
Boot with flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Duckweed
*Additional Note: I briefly tried this kext with ML and it didn't seem to work natively, but that might have to do with a number of different reasons, so with any luck a quick fix to which hex offset (the one for Duckweed) gets modified is all that's needed (the same values would hopefully still apply).

Attachments

• powercolor_radeon_hd_6850_1024_mb_775_mhz_4000_mhz_box_01.jpg
    powercolor_radeon_hd_6850_1024_mb_775_mhz_4000_mhz_box_01.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 399
OSX Version: ML
Graphics Chip: HD 6870
Vendor: XFX

XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Video ports used: 1) DVI to DVI cable, 2) HDMI to HDMI cable *3) mini DisplayPort to *DisplayPort cable
Native Triple Screen Support: Yes
Summary of experiences or how you made the setup work: connected everything up and it just worked. Both DVI ports wouldn't work simultaneous Out of the box but each monitor has DVI, HDMI and DisplayPorts so I wasn't forced into trying to get both DVI ports working or using adaptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back