i7-3930K @3.9GHz
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
[SOLVED] OSX 10.8.4 can only boot using "cpus=1"

Hi there, pretty close to completing my hackintosh build, after a lot of reading and fiddling with everything, but finally got Mountain Lion stable up and running

The only problem i'm still having, is that my system is only running on 1 core as i have to boot with cpus=1 as a boot parameter, otherwise the spinning thingy under the apple logo will freeze and just sit there.

So i'm asking for any input on how to solve this issue, i've looked around but couldn't find a solution to it =/

Audio currently isn't working either from the main board, but i know how to fix that (need to run lion multibeast for it)
I'm using a Blue Yeti Microphone though, and audio is playing fine through said device so don't really need it

My setup is as follows;

Asus Sabertooth X79
Intel i7 3930k @ a stock 3.2GHz
ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II O
16GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHz (corsair vengeance low profile)
Crucial 128GB SSD SATA III

Any input is appreciated

Cipher

in bios disable intel vertualization technology and vt-d then use flag dart=0 if issues add cpus=1

I'll try that right now, thank you

Hmmm, that seemed to do no good, it now either goes through the whole booting section and then simply reboots, hangs at FIPS Post success!, hangs at waiting for DSMOS or hangs just after wlan_vap_create

cpus=1 still allows it to boot fine

any other tips?
and read that the intel vertualization is barely of any use in mac, but does it negatively affect windows? (using a dualboot system)

the reason i had u disable intel vertualization is other x79 people told me it refused to boot without it being disabled use search golden builds x79 and go from there

i have been following those closely, and i'm very greatfull for their knowledge, but this one i didn't really find a solution for.

EDIT: well after some more googling installing the VoodooTSSync.kext might fix it, so i will give that a go now (link to kext; http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=59573)

Will report back afterwards (might be a while because have over 30 gigs of data copying over to the hackintosh, before i can continue troubleshooting)

Cipher

UPDATE;

Great success!!!
All cpus are active now, including hyperthreaded cores

FIX:
Install the VoodooTSSynx.kext (linked above) using kextbeast after multibeast

Turning intel vertualization back on still allowed it work normally, so i'll leave that on

Thank you everyone for the help

Cipher

EDIT; don't seem to be able to add [SOLVED] in the thread title, if anyone knows how, do tell me

UPDATE;

Great success!!!
All cpus are active now, including hyperthreaded cores

FIX:
Install the VoodooTSSynx.kext (linked above) using kextbeast after multibeast

Turning intel vertualization back on still allowed it work normally, so i'll leave that on

Thank you everyone for the help

Cipher

EDIT; don't seem to be able to add [SOLVED] in the thread title, if anyone knows how, do tell me

Link doesn't seem to work anymore. Have an updated link??

hmm, i archived everything i needed for my hackintosh, so i still have the file, but i don't know if i'm allowed to redistribute it…

Cipher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back