Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, first time Hackintosher here...

I installed 10.6.3 retail, and then went through this process (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 5681&st=60
) to get my Ati HD 5450 card working.

I now have full resolution and my HDMI port, and the system seems stable, but I can't boot without the iBoot CD.

Here is my setup
DSDT-GA-H67MA0USB3-B3-F3.aml
4 gb of ram (until stable; I have 16 but removed 12 for installation purposes)
Core i7 2600
Ati HD5450 with 1gig ram

/Extra folder contains:
1002_68f9.rom (for the ATI card; this rom is mentioned in the link I posted above)
DSDT.aml
Extensions.mkext
smbios.plist
/Extra/Extensions/ATI5000injextor.kext
/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

When I use iBoot on CD (both standard and legacy), I can select the SL install and it loads right up just fine.

If I try to boot without it, I get to the iBoot chameleon screen where it gives me a quick option to hit a key to enter a custom command. Once it is done, I get a very quick 'Unsupported Card!' in the upper left hand of the screen, then I get the grey apple logo boot screen, but no loading wheel, and it just sits there.

If I try -v, I get a black screen and it doesn't show me anything.
-x doesn't help either.

So I am stuck here. I just want to boot my install from the HDD so I can continue setting everything up, but I am stuck right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Found this on another thread...

Make your mac show hidden files
copy the contents of the 'extra' folder in iboot disk on your 'extra' folder on the mac installation. Don't overwrite the plist file there, but append what's missing from the plist file on the iboot disk.
Reboot
Works

Thanks goes to whoever that smart guy was! Thanks dude!
Found him! it's "Mr.Sam" :headbang: :thumbup: :wave: :clap:

st1lgar said:
Found this on another thread...

Make your mac show hidden files
copy the contents of the 'extra' folder in iboot disk on your 'extra' folder on the mac installation. Don't overwrite the plist file there, but append what's missing from the plist file on the iboot disk.
Reboot
Works

Thanks goes to whoever that smart guy was! Thanks dude!
Found him! it's "Mr.Sam" :headbang: :thumbup: :wave: :clap:

Of course, I deleted the install because I couldn't get it working correctly.

Ugh. Now I -NEED- to know if this works. Time to set up OSX on another partition I suppose!

There goes my night! haha

I'll report back when I get it up and running to let you know if this worked for me or not.

I appreciate the response!

Any idea on how to show the files on the iboot cd? I used terminal to show hidden files per google instructions but I'm not seeing anything aside from a .com text file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back