Contribute
Register

OSX 10.11.2 fail on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel inject is enabled but not works :(

You need to upload either your config.plist file or EFI folder in order to see what the issue is.

i had the same problem

fresh el capitan install with clover bootloader

"Prohibited" sign on boot

• Try booting verbose. If it's complaining about OsxAptioDrvFix and relocation block, make sure you're booting from a drive with the latest version of Clover (3270+). This was a common problem with older versions of Clover.
  • If OsxAptioDrvFix doesn't work, try OsxAptioDrv2Fix (but not both at once).
  • For a 2500K, 2600K, or other Core i5 and Core i7 'K' Sandy Bridge CPUs you may need to boot with cpus=1 until you can either install the correct SSDT.aml or finish the install and put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext into /Library/Extensions/
  • If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.
  • If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there
  • Double-check SMBios selection: MacPro3,1 may be the most reliable in general

for me it was the usb2 port still using an usb3 stick but it worked...

The screen shot with the prohibited sign said "Still waiting for root device" at the bottom, which means El Capitan couldn't find your USB drive (pretty common). You can either use a USB2 drive and try all the USB ports on your system until it goes away, or else try a USB fix to just make your USB ports work properly.

The second screen shot showed graphics not starting. If you still are not using a discrete graphics card, as mentioned, it will help to review your config.plist to ensure the Intel graphics settings are correct.

View attachment config.plist here are my config file. I change with the clover configurator in smbios to Mac Pro 3,1... can you help me for the next steps

View attachment 174576 here are my config file. I change with the clover configurator in smbios to Mac Pro 3,1... can you help me for the next steps

in your config.plist, you need to change graphics/inject/intel to YES

attached is a screen shot of the portion of your config where the improper setting is

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 6.42.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 6.42.29 PM.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 132
Or if you're more comfortable with Clover Configurator, load your config.plist. On the Graphics screen check the box for "Inject Intel". Clear the box for "ig-platform-id". Then save and restart.

Hey i already start with inject intel. I get always the error code 255

Do you want to post your current config.plist for review? Because the last one you posted showed inject intel = false and an ig-platform-id setting that shouldn't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back