Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited for this. A few of the features look really good. Continuity look good - as a user of an iPhone & iPad it will increase my productivity. The UI tweaks also make a big improvement.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really excited for this. A few of the features look really good. Continuity look good - as a user of an iPhone & iPad it will increase my productivity. The UI tweaks also make a big improvement.

:rolleyes: im having one of those cloudy headed days i cannot work out what is going on.
will this just be an update or a whole new OS

:rolleyes: im having one of those cloudy headed days i cannot work out what is going on.
will this just be an update or a whole new OS

it's 10.10 so it's classified as a new OS. Mostly it includes a lot more integration with
iOS devices. You can see all the new features on the Apple WWDC 2014 video.

I was just reading about the features and now I'm really pumped for it. I usually wait for a while to let others figure out the glitches first (I'm not that capable or brave)...but now, I'm thinking I'll have to try as soon as possible.

Unless you have a very, very compelling reason to install Yosemite AND you love being on the bleeding edge, stay clear. Wait until the first set of bug fixes are released and thing settle down. I have seen nothing in Yosemite to make me need to install it. YMMV.

rob

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 10.57.54 AM.png

This is the message I get now on 10.9.4 when I back-up to an external HD and my guess is Apple will use kernel extensions to keep non licensed macs from functioning I am not going to chance Yosemite for awhile.

I think it is because I was not using an external HD before ...Just a large internal so I did not see the error message before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back