Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite, No Wifi and Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time I try to boot into the actual installation, I get the black screen.
The Installer will boot with -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1
But apart from that, no.

Windows (on a different drive) boots absolutely fine so everything like that is working.

Any time I try to boot into the actual installation, I get the black screen.
The Installer will boot with -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1
But apart from that, no.

Windows (on a different drive) boots absolutely fine so everything like that is working.

Try to remove one one flag and check the booting.

First Try "-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1"

Then "-v nv_disable=1"

Post result.

With every combination of flags I try, I now get the code freezing at the end, I have been trying to get this working since November, I think I should just cut my losses, I have already invested about 40 hours combined just trying to get something working that clearly isn't going to with the current support.
I think I should just wait a few months then see, if not, ill just save up and buy a new computer with really bad specs as that is all Apple seem to support.

With every combination of flags I try, I now get the code freezing at the end, I have been trying to get this working since November, I think I should just cut my losses, I have already invested about 40 hours combined just trying to get something working that clearly isn't going to with the current support.
I think I should just wait a few months then see, if not, ill just save up and buy a new computer with really bad specs as that is all Apple seem to support.

Try clover method too.. Clover have an on the fly patch for the Haswell-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back