Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 980
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to get this working for a long time now, since November.
I have installed Yosemite successfully on my system, linked below, but I suffer huge amounts of lag as I have to run it on 1 core, I also have no audio output and no wifi, to top it all off, I am using a GTX 980, which despite several people's insistence, the NVidia web driver does NOT work, it switches itself off.
http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechblacknti136.html

I have been trying to get this working for a long time now, since November.
I have installed Yosemite successfully on my system, linked below, but I suffer huge amounts of lag as I have to run it on 1 core,

Install VoodooTSCSync.kext and patch the kernel, so that you can enable all the cores.
Read here for more information on this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-9-4-10-9-5-a.html

I also have no audio output and no wifi, to top it all off, I am using a GTX 980, which despite several people's insistence, the NVidia web driver does NOT work, it switches itself off.
http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/novatechblacknti136.html

Which Audio code you have in your system. If you have ALC885 to ALC1150 the try this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

What happened with NVIDIA Web Driver ?

It appears my installation is not booting.
Last time I tried a few weeks ago it was fine, I can boot the installer with:
-v cpus=0x2000 vn_disable=1 cpus=1
But nothing I try will allow me to boot into the actual Yosemite, I just get a black screen.

PS: Everything you suggested is stuff I have tried before, using 8 core support from Multibeast doesn't work, and neither does the audio codex.

It appears my installation is not booting.
Last time I tried a few weeks ago it was fine, I can boot the installer with:
-v cpus=0x2000 vn_disable=1 cpus=1
But nothing I try will allow me to boot into the actual Yosemite, I just get a black screen.

The flags are wrong. It should be -v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1 not -v cpus=0x2000 vn_disable=1 cpus=1

PS: Everything you suggested is stuff I have tried before, using 8 core support from Multibeast doesn't work, and neither does the audio codex.

You have to choose 6 cores. Your Core i7-5930K Processor have 6 cores.

I have tried these flags, reinstalled Yosemite and tried others, I am greeted by a black screen each time after the verbose scrolling text has completed.

That will be the issue of graphics. Boot with "nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI port. Avoid converters.

For some reason this did not work either. I have tried just the ones you provided and all them together, still just a black screen.

In BIOS is the Graphics Card is set as Primary Video Adapter/Initial Display port??

If any option available related to internal graphics then disable it.

The graphics card is the ONLY output, he X99 UD4 board does not have built-in graphics output, it needs a graphics card.
I only have HDMI, so it is possible that it is using the DisplayPort outputs, but it would be the first time, it used to work on HDMI.

The graphics card is the ONLY output, he X99 UD4 board does not have built-in graphics output, it needs a graphics card.
I only have HDMI, so it is possible that it is using the DisplayPort outputs, but it would be the first time, it used to work on HDMI.

I know that this processor do not support on board graphics that's why mentioned like this way "If any option available related to internal graphics then disable it."

Any of the digital output port is fine for Yosemite.

Is your computer stuck with black screen or the booting taking a reboot ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back