Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused.
if I use Unibeast won't it write over my hdd and just install Yosemite and leave my content gone?
i don't want to reinstall all my apps, etc.

thanks
Len

If you select your current mavericks drive for the reinstall, it should update without overwriting everything. This is how it used to be in previous upgrades (I am about to test now, and I have a backup if it does get overwritten).

If you select your current mavericks drive for the reinstall, it should update without overwriting everything. This is how it used to be in previous upgrades (I am about to test now, and I have a backup if it does get overwritten).

This works. :thumbup:

any news on Multibeast Tony? also I'm just going to update and not erasing my Mavericks SSD :thumbup:

Okay, I am getting stuck on a line saying something along the lines of exclude list kext. Then, my hack goes black, the disk stops loading, and the computer reboots after what seems like 15 seconds. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Anyone else getting this error when the Yosemite download almost completes?

I read a bit online where people who downloaded Lion in the past got this error.
They suggested turning off the firewall, which I have tried but it still happens.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Screen shot 2014-10-16 at 10.25.48 PM.png

Okay, I am getting stuck on a line saying something along the lines of exclude list kext. Then, my hack goes black, the disk stops loading, and the computer reboots after what seems like 15 seconds. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

For anyone having this issue, I booted into my working install, deleted all of the contents inside of the Info.plist file inside of the kext, and after this, I was able to boot into the installer successfully.

Maybe because it's late in the day and I'm late to the party, but I just downloaded Yosemite in just over 15 minutes.

Unibeast drive ready to go.

Now I have to wait for my clone to finish and Yosemite here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back