Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have a question about updating. I'll hold off until the tools are released, but I'm thinking about my system's configuration, and I'm worried. My system boots up in a RAID array. Can I just do a normal install without wiping my system? This worked for me last year but I didn't have a RAID configuration set up. I just remember it being a complete and total pain in the ass to get RAID actually running, and I'd prefer not to jump through those hoops again. Any help? Anyone?

Okay, I have a question about updating. I'll hold off until the tools are released, but I'm thinking about my system's configuration, and I'm worried. My system boots up in a RAID array. Can I just do a normal install without wiping my system? This worked for me last year but I didn't have a RAID configuration set up. I just remember it being a complete and total pain in the ass to get RAID actually running, and I'd prefer not to jump through those hoops again. Any help? Anyone?

For now i would do a clean install on a single hard drive that is not part of the raid . Then i would wait to see if setting up the raid is the same as mavericks and just clone from this hard drive to your raid.

will my msi h97 pc mate, i5 4690, 8gb corsair vengeance and gtx 970 work with yosemite?

currently downloading here in the Philippines

Just about finished the download here in California! Thanks tonymacx86, MacMan, etc. :)

Downloading here in the Netherlands now! just 1 day 8 hours left... :problem:. I think it's awesome to see that there are so manny countries on this forum! :thumbup:

Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 02.18.02.png

Just downloaded and ran the update, the installer reboots and it just boots to mavericks... is that because we have to "wait for the new tools"? With Mavericks I think I just ran the update with no changes required...

Guys
Unibeast five is released,
thx a lot Tony's band !

I'm confused.
if I use Unibeast won't it write over my hdd and just install Yosemite and leave my content gone?
i don't want to reinstall all my apps, etc.

thanks
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back