Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I did something stupid and learnt the hard way, but I did a software update though the apple mac store and when my computer restarted, there came an infinite loop on the screen right before it brings up the log in screen. Its not the one with the apple logo, it gets past that. All i see is a black screen with a white loading wheel every 5 seconds or so, then disappears, then comes back. Whats going on here? How can I go about fixing this issue?

Following this thread. I'm in the same boot (at least I think). I mindlessly did an system update, once the computer restarted it would load past the clover screen, but once at the apple logo it loads about 60% and then goes into an never ending loop, where the apple logo will blink on the screen for a milisecond then go to black and the flash on the screen quickly, and repeat.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot the issue has been following what i found off of this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/osx-yosemite-10-10-5-wont-boot-after-attempted-update.172640/)
I did attempt to change the boot argu from nvda_drv=1 to -v -f nv_disable=1 but was not successful. My system has the nvidia quadro 600 and I have the nvidia driver installed.

Would really appreciate some guidance on recovering my system. I'm certainly never going to randomly update my system like that again.

Try booting in safe mode.

I have had the same problem a number of times ... the spinning wheel that shows briefly, disappears, shows briefly again...and so on.
Luckily I have two systems, both with screen sharing on and that has enabled me to bring up the failed updated black screen system on my second system, apply new nvidia driver, reboot and problem fixed...

Try booting in safe mode.
I tried booting in safe mode, but that did not work either.

I'm not sure if it's a my graphic driver being the issue, or something else. I haphazardly updated my OS without backup and being doing any preemptive measure to secure myself (definitely a novice mistake). Could anyone help me make sense of this.

I've been trying to google Sandbox: error but nothing remotely close to my hackintosh needs.

Attachments

• IMG_2782.JPG
    IMG_2782.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2778.JPG
    IMG_2778.JPG