Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Not sure if I did something wrong during the install or if this is a problem with the hack we're using to get SB working. A few (very few) programs won't work, mostly free games I grabbed off the App Store. The icons have a big circle with a slash through it and when i try to run them I get the error

"You can't open the application "X" because it is not supported on this type of Mac"

Came up with this searching for an answer

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1968 ... c-computer

And yes, like the poster said when I ran the terminal command on the apps that wouldn't work, instead of returning with an executable for x86_64, i386, and ppc like the first answers example of dashboard, the apps that won't run return only with x86_64. Is there a fix for this?

The SB Kernel is a hacked kernel.

I have not tried the kernel you are running but you could try the boot flag:
arch=x86_64 -force64

or just
-force64

Not sure if it will work with the SB Kernel but worth a shot.

Ty

I tried changing arch=i386 to x86_64 (without the -force 64, I'll try that now) earlier, and the system rebooted with the apps working, but the system ran extremely slowly, almost like it did before setting the bus ratio, but the mouse moved fine. When I hit restart, the countdown timer took about 5 seconds to tick every 1.

Edit: Yeah, just tried it again, same thing. The best way to describe it is that it isn't jerky/occasional pauses like it is when the bus ratio is set wrong, everything moves smooth but it's like everything but the mouse is moving in slow motion (though watching the application grid animation opening at 1/4 speed is pretty interesting lol)

You need to install Anval to restore smooth graphics, run a search for it.

(sorry cant give a link i'm on iphone) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back