i7 7700 K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've come this far! - but request some help with the Clover configurator to work through the post install problems one at a time so learning more in the process.

I've attached a screen shot - On Mac I'm new to this but it was quite simple if the shortcut is remembered!

So far I've got into Clover Configurator, mounted the EFI partition, copied the EFI from the USB boot drive and re_booted the machine without the USB stick.

I've not been able to get the LAN installed with Maui ethernet in L/E - I have downloaded the Hackintool but not installed it yet.

Please, someone more experienced explain the best approach from here so this can be learned - Of course I'll carry on looking for the best solution as well!

If needed, Windows can be loaded and hardware ID's can be found from the device manager for the on_board devices and I think newer versions of Clover boot loader contain some information as well pertaining system information.

This is an AsRock Z170 Professional Gaming i7 board with Kaby Lake 7700 K for your information.

If any other screen shots are needed please mention them - And please assist if possible - or pointers that may avoid confusion - Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 18.53.19.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 18.53.19.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 37
So got the hackintool installed and went through the process of installing - here is a screeny of the installed kexts and the other kexts not installed from the EFI partition on the system drive.

on another note in clover config. I saw the text mode >> now i have heard of SSDT DDST or whatever - is this where these are patched if needed?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 19.55.30.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 19.55.30.png
    538.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi,

I've booted the High Sierra install on the same board and the ethernet is installed but the graphics are shot but on the Sierra install the graphics are great but the ethernet isn't installed - Please explain!

I take it that Intel 1219 & 1211AT etc.... are supported on High Sierra. Someone here mentioned the other day that 7700 K was supported from Sierra onwards -

So got the hackintool installed and went through the process of installing - here is a screeny of the installed kexts and the other kexts not installed from the EFI partition on the system drive.

on another note in clover config. I saw the text mode >> now i have heard of SSDT DDST or whatever - is this where these are patched if needed?

Thanks

Hi there.

Happy to help but please update your Profile.

I can see someone has left you a message about this, and clearly the hardware you have now - Z170 - is not what's there. This will help us to help you and it's also part of the Site Rules. Thanks :thumbup:

The kext you need for the LAN chips is probably IntelMausiEthernet.kext, but as you have two LAN ports this may only work for one. Try it and see.

The SSDTs if you need one go in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

EDIT: We can't help with your graphics problem as you haven't told us what you are using! Profile!!

:)

Hi,

I've altered the signature! - Had no idea! - sorry.

Two installs (experimentation)_learning the Hackintosh ways - Sierra & High Sierra - Mausi ethernet won't install (something to do with date expired_

Hi,

I've altered the signature! - Had no idea! - sorry.

Two installs (experimentation)_learning the Hackintosh ways - Sierra & High Sierra - Mausi ethernet won't install (something to do with date expired_

Okay, you still need to update your Profile, not your signature.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext will install. Any date expiry problem is more likely related to the Sierra installer itself. Check you have the latest version.

:)

For the Sierra install it is 10.12.6 - from a time machine backup! - off real mac install

OK, I see what you mean in the profile so I'll abide by forum rules!

Thank you :thumbup:

You can get the latest version of IntelMausiEthernet from MultiBeast, but if that does not install then try:

Hi,

i think some top to bottom pointers would be best for a more comprehensive understanding. After all this is quite complicated!

As I said above, just install with MultiBeast.

Hackintool is a great piece of software but as you can see, that data is confusing for a beginner.

What it is doing is rebuilding the kext-cache. This is something we do after deleting a kext to remove all traces of it.

I do not know what is causing that error, which is why I recommend the more usual ways to install the kext.

Nowadays it is safer to install any kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the hidden EFI partition on the main drive. That way we do not have to worry about kext-caches. For the IntelMausi kext this will work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back