Gigabyte z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU
i9-9770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello dear tonymacx86 fellows!
After recently updating to Sierra I faced a problem with Bluetooth Midi support. I use a CME Xkey 25, an iPad and a Waves Headtracker with my GYMLE USB 4.0 BT Dongle under Yosemite with no problems, now they don't connect anymore. In my system-preferences some of the BT options are off(EDR, eSCO, SSP) which used to be ON under Yosemite. Is there any chance to get them on again? I hoped that getting iMessage (the "iDiot's Guide")would solve this, but sadly it didn't. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,

sVendetta

EDIT: after talking to Waves and reading other forums it seems that Macs equipped with external Bluetooth USB-sticks seem to have problems connecting to MIDI devices. Since this is not happening to newer Macs with built-in Bluetooth 4.0 I can only hope Apple addresses this in a future update.

Last edited:
Sorry for necroposting, but there is no other post about this specific problem.

There are any updates?

I have a ROLI Seaboard Block and I am not able to connect via Bluetooth even if I have a Bluetooth LE certified dongle. I can see the keyboard in the list of devices (in "Audio Midi Setup" app), but when I click on [Connect] nothing happen.

Thank you.

Ive been trying to connect a Akai LPD8 Wireless midi controller through bluetooth. I got it to work one time. it shows up and says "connecting" but never connects. The midi properties for "MIDI INPUT/MIDI OUTPUT" are always greyed out. The one time I did have it connected only the "MIDI OUTPUT" wasn't greyed out. I've tried using the onboard Asus wifi/bluetooth, and the Asus bt-400 usbdongle with no luck. The one time I did get it to work was with the usb dongle I believe. The midi controller connects to my iPhone no problem.

upload_2018-5-3_12-59-3.png

Airdrop, and iMessage usually works too. LMP is 0x6 or higher.
upload_2018-5-3_13-7-44.png

This is the Asus BT-400 usb dongle.
upload_2018-5-3_13-18-33.png

ANY help would be great. I've spent countless weeks trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-3_12-54-34.png
    upload_2018-5-3_12-54-34.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 226
@rtuo8795, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have this same EXACT issue, and would appreciate any help with this. System details in in profile. Running 10.12.3. Using IO Gear bluetooth dongle.

I have this same EXACT issue, and would appreciate any help with this. System details in in profile. Running 10.12.3. Using IO Gear bluetooth dongle.

Have you had any luck with this?

Thx!

Have you had any luck with this?

Thx!

Same issue here. No luck so far. The "Connecting..." button would change to "Connected" after a long wait, but the midi controller was not actually connected as its bluetooth indicator light was off.

I tried connecting it with a genuine Macbook with built-in Bluetooth 4.0. The controller was instantly connected just like any normal bluetooth headsets.

Im here with the same, in sierra and high sierra and the same problems. I wanna connect my freedrum but i never connect. I try with iogear GBU521 and Asus BT400 but the same with both.

bump. same issue here. i tried both the IOGear and Broadcom BT doogle and both do the same issue. I press "Connect" and then it dissapears after 3-6 seconds. I tried it on my MBP and it connects right away. I did connect my Yamaha UD-BT01 to my iPad and updated to the latest firmware but it's still showing the same issue.

Maybe there is some kext needed to support MIDI bluetooth?!

any leads or suggestions.

Same issue here. No luck so far. The "Connecting..." button would change to "Connected" after a long wait, but the midi controller was not actually connected as its bluetooth indicator light was off.

I tried connecting it with a genuine Macbook with built-in Bluetooth 4.0. The controller was instantly connected just like any normal bluetooth headsets.

hey! Did you find a solution in the end? I have the same issue as you @woodshed

I have the exact same issue in Sierra 10.12.6 with Korg nanoKEY Studio. It doesn't connect even if the Bluetooth MIDI app is finding the device. It appears also in the Bluetooth list as nanoKEY Studio but it doesn't work. Has anybody found a solution to this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back