Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi. So I'm having a lot of issues with SAMBA in OS X/macOS. At the moment in time I'm not sure what to do. So I built a NAS running OS X Server it works fine with Mac but with Windows and Kodi I'm having a hell of the time copying anying too and from the OS X Server machine in windows or playing content in Kodi from OS X Server SAMBA is really slow wether I turn off AFP or not. It's horrible. So I'm thinking of turning Linux into a SAMBA box although AFP works fine. But my problem is that which format do I use in Linux so it can be read in OS X and Windows keeping good speeds? Because I can't carry on using OS X Server for Windows or Kodi. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jack.

My NAS is using NTFS and I have to run "NTFS for OS X" by Paragon to read and write. It is still definitely slower under OS X than Win 10.

Paragon does have ExtFS for Linux drives if you need it also.

My NAS is using NTFS and I have to run "NTFS for OS X" by Paragon to read and write. It is still definitely slower under OS X than Win 10.

Paragon does have ExtFS for Linux drives if you need it also.

I managed to sort out the problem with SAMBA with OS X on my Server. Ill be building a backup Server which will be in a cabinet with Linux running as I've been doing certain testing. The Whole implementation with SAMBA and OS X doesn't play very well. I mostly use AFP for everything with OS X/macOS & Linux. For the Windows Side i use SAMBA but will move Windows Shares to another Server sometime which will be running Linux as SAMBA works better than OS X/macOS but it'll do for now until i get time to do anything planning on moving everything to a Server rack anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back