Contribute
Register

OS X Refuses to detect third monitor? (MSI GTX 680)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

This is my first OSX PC rig for Final Cut / Creative Suite, and I've managed to get everything installed with Unibeast just fine. However, I'm experiencing some issues.

I ran Multibeast and did the easy installation option, which managed to completely screw up my HDD giving me a Boot0 error, so I reformatted and reinstalled. I'm now sitting here scratching my head because I'm experiencing some issues with my three monitors.

When I boot (Via USB), the screen shows only on my right monitor and stays up until it reaches the desktop. Once it does, it immediately turns off, and my middle and left are enabled working just fine. When I try to detect displays in system preferences, it doesn't show. When I unplug one of the monitors, it switches another one on. It refuses to connect more than two!

I have not used Multibeast on this installation, because in retrospect I feel like I'll screw it up again. All of my hardware is being detected, the only reason I feel I need to run Multibeast is for chimerabooter (which I have no idea how to use). Can someone help me out?

Thanks for your time.

Specs:

OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
3.3 GHZ Intel Core i5 2500k
MSI GTX 680 Power Edition 2048mb
16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
MSI Z77A-G45

3 x Dell S2340M LED IPS Monitors; two are attached via DVI, one from HDMI to DVI

[SUB][SUB]See why I want to use it for Final Cut?[/SUB][/SUB]

Anyone have any ideas for this? I'd like to be able to use my third monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back