Geforce GTX 690
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have a little problem with my OS X Mavericks installation: every time I boot , it randomly assigns video signal to one graphics card , each time being absolutely random. If I unplug the DVI cable and plug it in each , one of them always has signal and works like a charm.

The problem is that Windows 8.1 as well as bios post use the first card for video output and I'm trying to force OS X to output through the same GPU always. I don't really want to move the cable each time I boot in OS X until I find the GPU that outputs at that time.

I have 4 GPUS with a total of 8 possible DVI slots , running W8.1 and OS X on separate SSDs.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

You tried setting one of the PCIe slots as first init display in BIOS? Most BIOSes allow you to select internal GPU or any one of the PCIe slots if all are populated with a GPU to be the primary GPU.

I do not have that option sadly. Another thing I discovered is that it actually only randomises between 2nd and 3rd GPU.

I'm having the same issue after updating from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4. GPU is picked at random at login screen (though the white boot screen w/apple logo is always on the same monitor). Both GPUs are recognized and available for e.g. CUDA, but only one (randomly chosen) outputs the signal. Changing the primary display in BIOS had no effect.

Didn't have this issue in 10.9.2 but had to update to 10.9.4 to get support for retina scaling mode for a 4K monitor. So sadly can't revert back to 10.9.2, but maybe you can. No idea about 10.9.3.

Hi, I have then same problem with an Nvidia GTX 690 on Yosemite. Every time I boot, it randomly assigns video signal to Display Port or DVI Port.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

This is a long shot but have you guys tried adding the PCIRootUID=0 or 1 to the org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Cheers :)

This is a long shot but have you guys tried adding the PCIRootUID=0 or 1 to the org.chameleon.boot.plist?

Cheers

This no Work for me.

Thanks.

Hi,

I finally solved my problem, no more random video output. Now I have 2 gtx 690 (4 GPU) working without problems over Yosemite 10.10.3. The solution?, I disable CSM in BIOS and install Clover as boot manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back