Contribute
Register

OS X Mountain Lion and P8PZ68 Pro & i7 2600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm using 3402 patched BIOS.

With this BIOS on my Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z, no have error, but i lock on PASS. Same Thing for Lion.

I need SSDT? My processor overclocked to 4.5GHz.

I need guide step by step. I follow the guide for P8Z68 Deluxe?

Thanks so much!

note - i have not flashed my bios, i didnt want to kill my Win7 setup as i would like to dual boot. tho if it is a must for OSX then i might try installing Win7 again on the flashed bios

You can run Windows fine with the flashed bios. The changes to the bios have no effect on Windows at all.
I have been using the bios mod from the day it went up and have never had any problems, and that was months ago.

p8z68-v pro OC

Hey, I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm curious if anyone is having similar speed stepping issues as I when I try to modify the BIOS over clock settings.

I am using the patched p8z68-v pro BIOS ROM from Asus Bios Roms and have compiled a custom DSDT for the board. I have managed to get speed stepping to work via the DSDT, however, the minute I change the overclock settings in the BIOS to something other than Auto MSRDumper CoreMulti is always stuck at 16 even under load. Has anyone else experienced this?

Here is the process I followed to get to this point if anyone is interested:

1. Install ML 10.8.0
2. May have to unplug graphics card and plug into MB HDMI to get installer to show (otherwise white screen w/ cursor)
2. Add fakesmc.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and SiliconImage3124r5.kext to OS X/System/Library/Extensions
3. Run Chameleon-2.1svn-r2035 and install on OS X/
4. Run Chameleon Wizard and install smbios (imac 12,2)
5. Insure it boots into OS
6. Download custom ROM for ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Patched (P8Z68-V-PRO-ASUS-3402_modified.ROM)
from Asus Bios Roms
7. Download P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx from olarila.com • User Control Panel • Login (this is for the newer 3xxx BIOS')
8. Download ALC892 under the MISC category from olarila.com • DSDT patches
9. Install the custom ROM
10. Boot into ML
11. Run DSDT Editor and select FILE--> Extract DSDT
12. Select PATCH --> Open and select the "P8 (generic) BIOS 3xxx.txt" and hit apply
13. Select PATCH --> Open and select the "ALC892.txt" and hit apply
14. Select IASL --> Compile, hit fix errors
15. 3 errors / warnings will remain: two Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH) and one for
REASORCE TAGE LARGER THAN…

[ERROR] [FIX]
REASORCE TAGE LARGER THAN… CHANGE 'D' in DWORD TO 'Q'
Error _HID suffix must be all hex digits (GH) CHANGE GH TO 0

16. Select IASL --> save AML as 'DSDT.aml'
17. move 'DSDT.aml' to OS X/Extra
18. Run Chameleon Wizard, select org.chameleon.Boot, Select Ethernet Built In (App Store and iCloud services
may complain if Ethernet isn't the first ETH0 interface), Tick the DSDT.aml and the SMBios.plist boxes,
hit the [+] button in both and navigate to them in the OS X/Extra folder
19. Run MultiBeast 4.6.1 and tick the boxes for ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet, and
Core i5/i7 Overclocked
20. Select continue and install
21. Remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext now that the DSDT has enabled speed stepping
23. Download MSRDumper.kext from MSRDumper - InsanelyMac Forum
24. Verify the processor is indeed speed stepping by running in the terminal (first cd to where MSRDumper.kext is located
or insert the full system path for MSRDumper.kext

sudo bash
chown -R root:wheel MSRDumper.kext
kextload MSRDumper.kext

24. Open up the Console.app and view the log to see if Pstates between 16 (1.6 GHz) and the top speed 37? (3.7 GHZ)
are being reached when the computer is under load

Hello everyone. I pray you, guys, give me a hand. I'm desperate.

You may post your org.chamaleon.plist?

I have the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z and when I start the Mountain Lion, I have a kernel panic of IntelCPUPowerManagment.

I tried to install the modified BIOS, but when I start the Mountain Lion or Lion, freezes without any error, but does not enter the operating system.

I can only start LION with the BIOS 1004. All others bios, or are Still Waiting for a root device, or get stuck in verbose mode.

Could you guide me step by step? Thank you.
im getting the still waiting for a root device error during the mountain lion installation on this mobo maximus iv extreme z,in other words i cant reach the installer due to this error .what shall i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back