1. 0
I recently installed OS X Mavericks on my compaq presario c700
its specifications are

RAM: 2.00 GB

Computer: ACPI x64-based PC

Display Adapters: Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family

DVD/CD-ROM Drive: Optiarc DVD RM AD-7560A ATA Device

Human Interface Devices: HID-compliant device ; HP Quick Launch Buttons

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: ATA Channel 0 ; ATA Channel 0 ; ATA Channel 1 ; Intel (R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850 ; Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller

Keyboards: HID Keyboard Device ; Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB (Quick Launch Buttons)

Mice and other Pointing devices: Alps Pointing-device

Modems : HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Monitors: Generic Pnp Monitor

Network adapters: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter ; MAC Bridge Miniport ; Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter ; Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC ; VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter

Processors: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 GHz ; Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 GHz

Sound, video, and game controllers: Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2

Universal Serial Bus Controllers: Intel (R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830 ; Intel (R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831 ; Intel (R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832 ; Intel (R) ICH8 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 2836 ; USB Root Hub (x4)

It is bootable now and I can do coding in Xcode

Here the problem I am facing

display is still in 1024x768
using multi beast disables keyboard and trackpad in the next reboot
trackpad is very erratic; using a USB mouse instead
iphone not detecting when plugged in nor does iPhone charge

Here the problem I am facing

display is still in 1024x768
using multi beast disables keyboard and trackpad in the next reboot
trackpad is very erratic; using a USB mouse instead
iphone not detecting when plugged in nor does iPhone charge

Which graphics device is in the laptop? If GMA 4500MHD, it is not supported...

For PS2 keyboard/trackpad, you must install PS2 drivers appropriate for your trackpad.

And it sounds like you have a USB problem (try USBBusFix=Yes)

- - - Updated - - -

Moved to Mavericks Laptop Support. Clearly not an HP Probook.

Thanks rehabman

i couldn't find the graphics driver for my laptop. But I tried searching online and couldn't find it.
all I found out was my laptop model is c744tu. I can try installing windows again to find the adapter if required.

Usbbusfix=yes didn't seem to fix iPhone detection problem. It's peculiar that only iPhone doesn't gets detected, other pen-drive or ext hard drives gets detected.

And it's not as cool as it used to be when it ran windows.

And what can I do for wifi???

Thanks rehabman

i couldn't find the graphics driver for my laptop. But I tried searching online and couldn't find it.
all I found out was my laptop model is c744tu. I can try installing windows again to find the adapter if required.

Usbbusfix=yes didn't seem to fix iPhone detection problem. It's peculiar that only iPhone doesn't gets detected, other pen-drive or ext hard drives gets detected.

And it's not as cool as it used to be when it ran windows.

And what can I do for wifi???

You can find out what is in your laptop by running 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Usbbusfix is not a recognized boot flag. Boot flags are case sensitive. USBBusFix is the correct syntax. But you may have other USB issues as well...

By 'cool' I assume you are referring to temperature (not aesthetics)... You're probably running with NullCPUPowerManagement which disables speedstep on the CPU, thus greater power usage and additional heat.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

how did you install the os, can you remember

how did you install the os, can you remember

Guide:

hi
i tried with clover bootloader it did not work. There was a forum from a guy successfully installing maverick on the laptop but he didn't leave any instructions on how to.

i tried with clover bootloader it did not work.

You clearly didn't follow the guide.
Evidence:
  • profile not filled with hardware details (as requested in the guide)
  • no problem reporting files attached

Please refer to the guide/FAQ.

I can boot clover , but the problem I'm facing is the installer, I use disk utility to erase the hard drive to HFS J and when i select install, it installs half way and then stops with a black warning screen saying it to reboot.

I can boot clover , but the problem I'm facing is the installer, I use disk utility to erase the hard drive to HFS J and when i select install, it installs half way and then stops with a black warning screen saying it to reboot.

Still no evidence you're following the laptop guide.
Profile still not fixed as requested.
No problem reporting files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back