Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

z77x-UD5h i7 3770k - Currently running 10.8.5 Dual Boot with windows 7

I got the Mavericks USB Installer going from the guide, set up the BIOS from the guide, but for some reason, my ML Partition hsas the yellow "warning" triangle and is saying "OS X cannot start up from this disk". HEEEEEELLLP!!!

ps: I've also tried repairing disk permissions with the Disk Utility, which still doesn't help.

I have the same issue, can anyone advice how to overcome on it? I don't want to fresh install.

P.S.: My ML is installed on a SSD drive with 70G free space.

thanks.....

I just updated over one of my existing 10.8.5 OSX installation , amazingly everything just works :D all my apps ,settings ,files etc. are fine ' )

FYI, u do not require a credit card to create an Apple ID if you go via iTunes and select in the top right hand corner "iTunes Store". Once in the iTunes Store on the bottom right side choose one of the "Top Free Apps", such as the Blackberry BBM. During the registration process for this free app you will have the "None" option selected by default in the credit card options. Choose "None" for the credit card and continue with your other information.

Have used xMove for the last few updates to 10.7 and 10.8 so might attempt a 10.9 with xMove since i cannot get my UniBeast USB to boot even with switches. No one seems to have mentioned xMove as there does not appear to yet be a 10.9 version, and xMove is only in the archives.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/62103-xmove-guide-mountain-lion-install.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60776-install-ml-xmove-like-lion.html

Went Back to Mnt-Lion. Maverick runs too clunky for me and I see why its a free upgrade there is no big visual changes that I see. But mostly it runs to rough. Time machine icons not showing up as they should. Freeze ups so I will wait for a while. I use hot swap drives so it only take a second to change back. I have 6 SSD drives

My hackintosh perfectly fine with the latest version 10.9 Mavericks

Processor Intel Core i5 4.19 GHz (Over-Clock)
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz RAM
Graphics GeForce GTX 560 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9
Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Can't download Mavericks from App Store. My About This Mac > System Report still says iMac Summer 2001 and somesrlnmbr no matter what I do to smbios.plist with Multibeast or Chameleon wizard. I think that's why it won't let me download from app store. I'm on a Mac Pro 1,1 upgraded to latest ML with Chameleon.

I can't seem to upgrade. I run the installer, it does its first reboot but nothing happens, it just restarts. Then when it comes back up and boots normally back into 10.8.5. The whole thing takes just seconds.

Any ideas?

Ok downloaded and installed using Unibeast USB everything works except my bluetooth dongle connected either to my USB 3 or USB 2 port

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

installed fine for me oim just having sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back