Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble downloading Mavericks OSX from app store?

I found that my hackintosh system settings where not compatible according to the apple site. Thus you may need to use the chameleon wizard ( google it. any will work ) to update the symbios.plist file to reflect a system compatible with apple upgrade.

After doing this, I was able to download the app.

Update: After download completed I used unibeast to create a new usb drive. The process took a while and I recieved an "Installation Failed" message. It may be due to the fact I downloaded a mavericks t*****t and copied it to the application folder and then later deleted it before the official mavericks downloaded. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone managed to update to iPhoto 9.5?

Has anyone managed to update to iPhoto 9.5? It doesn't work here.

Upgrading to Mavericks from 10.8.5 with UniBeast on my Asus P7P55D/ATI 5770 was rather easy. Only "extra" work was to update Chimera to the most recent one with MultiBeast 6.0.0 as system did not boot with the two years old chimera version I had. I also had to manually patch AMD5000Controller.kext (add 0x68be1002 to supported GPU's).

Everything is working except there are some problems with the graphics: moving the windows in Finder is jerky and iPhoto manages to show only preview - full image is black. The problem exists also with the most recent iPhoto 9.5 version.
Maps app does not show the map...
Numbers app shows white sheet... same with Pages and Keynote!

Maybe it's time to buy a new GPU, unless of cause if someone has any hints how to fix the problem?

I will still wait a little bit with my P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 / GTX560Ti OC to see if others have had problems with it.

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

C'mon guinea pigs! Go get it!

Usually being a guinea pig scares me, but I can say I got lucky this time... No major problems with install. Thanks Tony and everyone who contributed!!!

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Installed and running on X79.

Tip! i used "useKernalCache=no" as recommended by Stork.

Sound and speedstep still an issue though.

This was the cleanest , fastest and the easiest OSX installation so far : ) not a single problem, i can recommend updating immediately !!!. Mavericks is faster & smoother :D , Great job for the new MultiBeast !!!

z77x-UD5h i7 3770k - Currently running 10.8.5 Dual Boot with windows 7

I got the Mavericks USB Installer going from the guide, set up the BIOS from the guide, but for some reason, my ML Partition hsas the yellow "warning" triangle and is saying "OS X cannot start up from this disk". HEEEEEELLLP!!!

ps: I've also tried repairing disk permissions with the Disk Utility, which still doesn't help.

if i want to download mavericks from apps store today and then want to install it after one week then is it possible??? please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back