Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

My hackintosh perfectly fine with the latest version 10.9 Mavericks

Processor Intel Core i5 4.19 GHz (Over-Clock)
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz RAM
Graphics GeForce GTX 560 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9
Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 :thumbup:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 8.05.23 PM.png

My hackintosh perfectly fine with the latest version 10.9 Mavericks

Processor Intel Core i5 4.19 GHz (Over Clocking)
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz RAM
Graphics GeForce GTX 560 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9
Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I wanted to wait until I had ran the OS for a day before I posted my findings. As of right now everything works great! Soooo much better than 10.8.5! Here are a few minor issues I had that might give a few beginners like me hurdles.

- When creating my boot jump drive I used my laptop that already Mavericks installed on it which kept causing the Unibeast install to fail. The problem was that I had thought the install Mavericks file was still in the applications folder but it was removed after the install. I got on my desktop and downloaded the install on a computer running Mountain Lion, partitioned the drive and the Unibeast installation went fine.

- After using boot flags -x and PCIRootUID=1 was in the installation of my build. The installation went great. It wasn't a completely fresh install, I upgraded with my current applications and so on.

- OS X Mavericks booted fine in safe mode and but my USB jump drive wasn't showing up to get Multibeast off of it. I instead opened Safari and downloaded Multibeast here directly off the site. To run Multibeast I had to go into System Preferences > Security and Privacy and make sure you enable unauthorized applications to be installed. I put in all of my usual settings and rebooted.

- As of updating Adbobe Creative Cloud and Davinci Resolve Beta 10... Everything seems to be working better than before. Final Cut Pro 7 and all the other applications have been working flawlessly today. I use to have issues with converting some files through Final Cut and Mpeg Streamclip before. That seems to be resolved now. SOOOOO HAPPY!

- Last thing I need to do I am working on now, which is getting airplay to work. I just did a system backup and am about to install Chimera 2.2.1 to try and figure this out.

Great job Tony!

MacPro
Z77X-UP5TH
i3770
GeForce GTX680
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
500 GB Samsung SSD
20 TB Thunderbolt Drobo

I am unable to upgrade it from the app store. I have Gigabyte z77n-wifi board with i3 3225 onboard video. I can download the update and start the process. The computer restarts and gives me back the old desktop with no upgrade to 10.9. i am on 10.8.5 right now and everything works fine. Anyone have the same problem or a work around?

Success on a mountain lion / windows 7 dual boot hackintosh. No Flags, no PCIROOTUID stuff or any of that. Let me know if you have any further questions. I just wrote the steps I went through quickly so I could throw them up.

i7 3770K, 16GB, 660Ti, Mavericks!

- downloaded mavericks from App Store (I was on mountain lion)
- downloaded unibeast and created a bootable mavericks drive
- booted off the drive using F8, (asus sabertooth z77)
- chose the mavericks option
- installed over the existing mountain lion OS. I didn't want to lose my dual boot with windows 7.
- let it install. The last portion that says “less than one minute remaining” took FOREVER. BE PATIENT AND LET IT FINISH! Probably took an extra five minutes for me than before
– When it prompted to reboot, it threw a kernel panic over the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext what I ended up doing was unzipping the kext file from the latest Maverick’s Multibeast installation, and throwing it inside the MacOS main drive under System/Library/Extensions with a spare SATA -> USB drive and an older MacBook. I replaced whatever Kext was originally in there.

• Once I got in I ran multibeast and life is GOOD!
  • The only issue I have right now is that my processor (3770K) isn’t stepping down. Might be an issue with how I used Multibeast.
- celebrate?

Fantastic work as usual. Upgraded my ML on Gigabyte Q77M-D2H, then Multibeasted, used the "dst-free" package together with the ALC887, the Intel e1000 ethernet, and a couple of other manual choices, and let 'er rip. Everything went in without a hiccup or complaint; rebooted and it all WORKS!

Outstanding work. Another $20 headed your way.
Thanks!

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

How do you just download it? The button says Install and I'm not ready for that but am afraid that Mavericks won't stay free.

if you click the install button in the app store, it just downloads the installation app ; )

I just successfully updated 10.8.5 to 10.9 with no problems at all

i've successfully installed on my hackintosh. did a upgrade through the bootable usb. went smoothly with no problems. updated from 10.8.5

Success! Everything up and running - including sound!! My App Store wouldn't let me access to download, so used my old iMac to download Mavericks - put on external HD - dropped into applications - and installed. (after changing sharing & permissions to Read & Write for all users before moving to the external HD, I was able to drag into applications folder without problems) Just follow the directions to a T and all is good! Thanks tonymacx86! [h=1][/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back