Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

So is it not possible to update in place via the App Store download and setup? I was hoping to not lose the installed stuff on my machine.
Download, run unibeast, reboot and run then just install it to your mountain lion drive, it will update rather than a fresh install. run multibeast and all should be good. Don't forget to backup first

I upgraded from ML using a USB stick (latest Unibeast + Mavericks downloaded from Appstore). My first reboot, the Ethernet card wasn't be detected, updating the driver from Multibeast then work fine. The only problem now I can't install VoodooHDA.kext (2.8.4) from either Multibeast or other sources and keeps me the error "System extension cannot be used - The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used"

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Jun 8 11:55 VoodooHDA.kext

My ad-hoc solution is to run command in Terminal "kextload -v VoodooHDA.kext" every time I restart the machine to make audio working. If anyone knows a solution, please advise. Thank you.

My audio is working now, what I did
sudo -s
#chown -R root:wheel VoodooHDA.kext
#chmod -R 755 VoodooHDA.kext
#kextload -v VoodooHDA.kext

Updated GenericUSBXHCI by zenith432 to v1.2.7 fixed my hot-plugging front USB issue (previously worked only cold plugging)

My Corsair H100i is still causing instant-wake up after computer sleep.

Download via app store and installed using Unibeast on a GA-Q77M-D2H with an i7 3770. Everything went smoothly, ran Multibeast for audio and network. All my software and hardware is working just fine.

This is amazing!! I did a clean install using Unibeast 3.0 and did not have to use any boot flags at all. BIOS Set to optimized. GA-Z87x-UD4H with vF7 BIOS. Easiest install I have done to date!

I m wondering how to update from ml with a "custo" fusion drive... Anyone tried? Thanks!
It didn't work for me, had to restore a time machine backup.

It gave me a "Can't find mac_kernel" error.

Please let us now if anyone has an upgrade guide for "custo" fusion drive.

Download via app store and installed using Unibeast on a GA-Q77M-D2H with an i7 3770. Everything went smoothly, ran Multibeast for audio and network. All my software and hardware is working just fine.

I have the same MB, but an i5 3450. System won't boot properly, Desktop is shown scaled to a tiny window, garbled black boxes in the top left corner.

I suspect the HD 2500 graphics don't work properly. 10.8.5 was fine with HD 2500. I also noticed that booting in safe mode (-x) the graphics show 1024 MB usage in 10.9, but 768 MB in 10.8.5, so there were definitely some changes in the graphics driver.

Can anyone confirm this? Is the issue perhaps that 10.9 is assuming full OpenCL support, which the HD 2500 might not have?

Never used DSDT before, does the DSDT file must be in the same folder where MultiBeast is located? Downloading on low connection maybe it will be finish tomorrow.

Piece of cake. Upgraded from Mountain Lion on GA-B75M-HD3. Just had to reinstall audio and ethernet.

running stable!

cheers from Brazil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back