Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

does anyone know if logic pro 9 and final cut pro 7 will work on it? it works mountain lion with the latest patches but i would like to upgrade without being forced to buy the new ones (and i also need the old ones for school since we still use them)

first attempt (without unibeast) failed to install on reboot. second attempt with unibeast worked like a charm. reinstalled network driver with multibeast, and my hack is working great, even sleep/wake. need to update TRIM and then that's it.

mavericks is nice improvement. safari has been cleaned up, even app store has no stuttering.

thanks macmac/tonymac for all the work you do.

- - - Updated - - -

working great (with unibeast) here.

C'mon guinea pigs! Go get it!

I normally would fall under this category, but not this time. :lol:

Same exact problem here. Can't get past the reboot to 10.8.5

I haven't tried installing Mavericks yet, but generally this problem arises when your BIOS settings do not specify the install volume as the first boot HDD. I would try disabling all other HDD in the BIOS except for the one that has your Mac OS 10.8.5 installed.

Success!!

Asus P8Z68-V PRO, i7 2600K, NVIDIA GTX 680 - 15 GB USB 3.0 drive for Unibeast

It was not a breeze to upgrade but this is what I learned:

1) With my hardware I could not use USB 3.0 port to do the Unibeast it was failing. Then I used a USB 2.0 port and Unibeast was successful, strange because my USB 3.0 port was working normal. So, stay away from usb 3.0 port during your install.

2) I could not upgrade through regular APPs store. I had to put Mav into the a usb drive (Unibeast method). Then used the following commands to boot:
-v -GraphicsEnabler=No

3) After I selected the language and selected my SSD it upgraded.

4) Post-Install: After reboot select your SSD with OSX Mav. On the Desktop Open Multibeast and my configuration based on my hardware was:
a) Easybeast
b) hnak's AppleIntelE10000
c) USB 3.0

Done!

Thank you Apple for allowing this for free!

Does anyone know if the new iPad has the finger print scanner?

nope :( But mini has retina!

Ok. Downloaded Mavericks from app store. Then quit Mavericks setup (didn’t install). This was the part I was confused about. I know I did this once before when I first set up my Hackintosh using ML... but, every update or whatnot is always fraught with nervousness so I tend to forget or doubt these steps.... in any case, I followed the instruction from Unibeast 3.0 install guide to the "T." I even dragged Multibeast 3.0 from my mac (I mean hackintosh) to the USB as mentioned on Step #18.... I guess this is in case internet doesn't work? Keep in mind that when installing Unibeast to the USB drive that the install window will show "1 Minute Remaining" and seem to stay that way for a while. On mine, 1 minute remaining took like 30 minutes.... it worked though in the end and Unibeast was installed. Then I restarted and booted to the USB as instructed --> then finished the Mavericks install --> rebooted --> pressed F8 to boot to USB --> picked drive where I installed Mavericks --> (boot seems a bit longer than OSX 10.8.5) --> grey screen after apple logo with mouse cursor before log in screen made me nervous --> but log in screen showed up --> PHEW --> ran Multibeast once I was on the desktop --> (Multibeast install took a while for the progress bar to move at first) --> but it moved --> PHEW --> then rebooted and it worked....

I think that I was more nervous this time around since I knew I had a working hackintosh whereas before I was starting from scratch and didn't wanna "fix or upgrade" what wasn't "broken" or "needed." But, curiosity won in the end and it worked so I'm glad.

My setup for anyone who might have a similar build is: Asus Sabertooth Z77, 3770K & GTX680.

All works or doesn't work as before from what I can tell so it's fine.

As for my MB config, I followed what someone had from this site since they also had an Asus board.

Multibeast 6.0 Configuration:

Quick Start: DSDT Free
Audio Driver: ALC898
Disk: 3rd Party SATA
Misc: FakeSMC v5.3.820
Network: Intel-hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
System: Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement- OS X 10.9.0, AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloader: Chimera v2.2.1
Boot Options: Basic Boot Options, Hibernate Mode - Desktop, Use KernelCache
System Definitions: Mac Pro 3,1

Success for me! Z77X-UD5H using the unibeast method. Works like a charm. Had to enable TRIM again, but nothing unusual.

just unibeast 3.0 with mavericks from app store.
all working normally except for sound. I used Multibeast 6.0 for Audio and installed Chimera.
Xcode and voice working as prior version (10.8.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back