NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048 MB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 on a SATA drive. Today, I bought an ASUS ROG RAIDR EXPRESS PCI Express SSD 240 GB. I installed Mavericks on it. I found out, that the PCI-E Card only works if the switch is in legacy mode. And now, when I'm choosing Mavericks on the chimera bootscreen, I will get this error:

IMG_0523.jpg

I'm really frustrated and I hope someone can help me.

Thank you and best regards

Hi all,

I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 on a SATA drive. Today, I bought an ASUS ROG RAIDR EXPRESS PCI Express SSD 240 GB. I installed Mavericks on it. I found out, that the PCI-E Card only works if the switch is in legacy mode. And now, when I'm choosing Mavericks on the chimera bootscreen, I will get this error:

View attachment 80472

I'm really frustrated and I hope someone can help me.

Thank you and best regards

Your ASUS board locks CPU MSR 0xE2. You must either patch the BIOS or use patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (in Multibeast).

Your ASUS board locks CPU MSR 0xE2. You must either patch the BIOS or use patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (in Multibeast).

That worked. I installed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement via MultiBeast in my working harddrive. But now, the error doesn't show up, but now it freezes without any error or something else.
I know it takes longer at the first time to start up, but i waited 30 minutes. :banghead:
What can it be?

Best regards

That worked. I installed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement via MultiBeast in my working harddrive. But now, the error doesn't show up, but now it freezes without any error or something else.
I know it takes longer at the first time to start up, but i waited 30 minutes. :banghead:
What can it be?

Best regards

Without a photo, I can't be sure. But it is probably graphics related. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No ?

So thank you very much!
I got it to work. I've only the problem when I reboot my computer, I have to boot via USB stick. If I choose the PCI-E drive via BIOS it freezes again in white screen. I can only start via USB. When I try to install a bootloader like chimera 2.2.1, I can't start my System. And I have to format my disk and install OS X again. :thumbdown:

But when I start with USB it's working fine.o_O
I don't know if I'm using GraphicsEnabler. How can I check that?

regards

Without a photo, I can't be sure. But it is probably graphics related. Are you using GraphicsEnabler=No ?

If I want to make my drive bootable, have I to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?
Pls help me, I'm so confused.
:cry:

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back